Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion Drama

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Six weeks till start of the season. Two of the management team suspended. Players back tomorrow with some key players missing and we can't be sure who will turn up. Last time they were together they were crap - and someone crapped in the opposition dressing room. Some players have been in a sex trial.

Who will meet them - Bloom, Barber or Taricco? Who will say what? Who will be fit? Who will even want to train?

This has all the makings of a great fly on the wall documentary, comedy or soap opera! Suggestion for the imaginery script or character casting....

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
It is an interesting question, who will take training?

I assume we have a fitness coach who plans out our fitness regime. So maybe whoever that is will.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
My thoughts too - what on earth will happen after they have parked the Range Rovers. Probably all asked to line up behind Liam Bridcutt and take turns to answer the phone to clubs wanting to buy them. Then perhaps go through a 500 page document to figure out what constitutes behaviour bad enough to be a suspended employee at this club. Finally compare notes with the club administration about how much fun the last 5 weeks have been. 5 incredible wasted weeks, anyone fancy playing against Whitehawk in 12 days time ??

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Maybe the club will make an announcement today that it's all been sorted and we have a manager in place for tomorrow, Now if you'll excuse me I'm just off to catch the pig that's just flown past my window.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Imagine going back to school and there's no teachers! Could be 1st preseason where training takes place on the Xbox?!

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Pre season at this stage will all be about fitness so that team will be taking those sessions this week and my guess is a new man will be in place for when the tactical work begins

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Maybe the club will make an announcement today that it's all been sorted and we have a manager in place for tomorrow, Now if you'll excuse me I'm just off to catch the pig that's just flown past my window.

My guess (for what it's worth) is everything is sorted, the new man (if there is one) is already decided, but a decision was taken to inform all the players first tomorrow morning, before any media announcements.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Six weeks till start of the season. Two of the management team suspended. Players back tomorrow with some key players missing and we can't be sure who will turn up. Last time they were together they were crap - and someone crapped in the opposition dressing room. Some players have been in a sex trial.

Who will meet them - Bloom, Barber or Taricco? Who will say what? Who will be fit? Who will even want to train?

This has all the makings of a great fly on the wall documentary, comedy or soap opera! Suggestion for the imaginery script or character casting....

Sadly, I think it would be one of those comedies where the first series is really good but they should have stopped there and not bothered with a second series (which is what is currently going on). Lets hope it's the last episode tomorrow and we're not left on a cliffhanger for series 3!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
My guess (for what it's worth) is everything is sorted, the new man (if there is one) is already decided, but a decision was taken to inform all the players first tomorrow morning, before any media announcements.

I really hope that is true. Maybe they have already secretly bought a load of new players who will be unveiled with the new manager!

Will be interesting to see if there are any triallists tomorrow as we do normally have some but debatable who would decide to offer them a trial.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013

I expect the players already know as it's not like Charlie, Tanno Gus and the players aren't going to speak with one another despite what the club says about the management team not contacting the players

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

I sincerely hope your guess is right.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
The first two weeks of pre-season is just fitness work and Poyet et al had nothing to do with that anyway, the people who would work with the players on that are still at the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here