Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wimbledon Queue

Centurion

Sep 2, 2012
Anyone ever done the queue for Wimbledon tickets and advise how early you need to be there to get in?

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
What sort of tickets are you after? Show courts are an overnight thing now. Ground entry - as early as you can get there (before 6am), or early evening for any returns.

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
if you want a groundpass, then 8am will get you in comfortably before midday start

if you want showcourt tickets for tomorrow, then best get there before midnight, maybe earlier, and even then might struggle to get centre early evening

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
actually the queue is already around 500 and only 500 for each showcourt

probably busy this early cos tomorrow looks like being one of the best opening days

i've got there around midnight before for the first day and still got centre

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Queueing a midnight for a the first round at Wimbledon? For Murray in the final yes, but for the first round...

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
Queueing a midnight for a the first round at Wimbledon? For Murray in the final yes, but for the first round...

people queue every night and not just for murray

it's pretty much the only way to get show court tickets and people enjoy camping

a wide range of ages and nationalities do it

and you can't queue for final tickets

over 1000 people in the queue already so that's centre and 1 all gone

Centurion

Sep 2, 2012
Cheers for insights. Not camping out with our lovely summer weather so will aim to get there for 6.30am and get groundpass. Worse case find a nice pub with a tv.

Cheers NSC

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Am I missing something? Surely if you've paid for a ticket then you get access?

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
there were 1000+ in the queue at midday so pretty much Ground Passes now only for day 1

i have Centre Court for Tuesday - gutted with the draw but still looking forward to it

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Am I missing something? Surely if you've paid for a ticket then you get access?

Yes, but this thread is about the tickets sold on the day, cash only, at the All England Club. They always have a small number available for sale on the day. You can also get a ground pass, which for the first weeks you get loads of chances to see matches on the outside courts and if you are lucky at the end of the day pick up a return for a show court, which is when ticket holders go home and give up their seat for re-sale.

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
if you want a groundpass, then 8am will get you in comfortably before midday start

if you want showcourt tickets for tomorrow, then best get there before midnight, maybe earlier, and even then might struggle to get centre early evening

looks like the 8am comment was way out this year as people were being told not to queue for ground passes at that time

looks like the olympics etc have brought out all the JCLs!

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
looks like the 8am comment was way out this year as people were being told not to queue for ground passes at that time

looks like the olympics etc have brought out all the JCLs!

I blame Andy Murray. Before he started winning things it was loads easier. We normally go for show court tickets on the 2nd Monday but recently people have been queuing from Saturday! It was easier before they moved the queue into the park too.

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
I blame Andy Murray. Before he started winning things it was loads easier. We normally go for show court tickets on the 2nd Monday but recently people have been queuing from Saturday! It was easier before they moved the queue into the park too.

haha yes ffs muzza

i'm guessing thousands of people who got tickets for the olympic tennis had never been before and now think they'll have some of that :annoyed:

around 20 quid for a ground pass is a complete bargain

D

Deleted member 18477

I would like to go to Wimbledon one day but sod camping overnight or getting in a queue at a stupid time!

More than happy with the BBC's coverage for the time being especially in HD. That grass always looks 'spectacular'.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here