Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Club night at the zap in late 80's

Jun 24, 2010
Goring
I used to go to an amazing night at the zap called 'monkey' - early house. I had a couple of tapes from there but have lost them. The music was unique IMO. Has anyone still got them? Cheers

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Blimey I used to go in there occasionally in the late 80s spent many a night squealing ACCCCEEEEEDDD !! :mad:off my tits !!!

16 bit 44.1

May 17, 2011
Hove
Phenomenal club. Eric Powells Friday nights were legendary. Brighton really was top of the clubbing tree back in those days. Great memories (although somewhat blurred) of great music, DJ's, crowd and whatnot!! :)

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Why was it that the Zap and all the other seafront clubs could stay open til 5 in the morning? I heard something along the lines of the licensing laws didn't apply for some reason because of where they were. All clubs not on the seafront had to close at 2.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
have a an audio from Zap in 92 for some reason...just listening to it to see why ive kept it...

SingleTrack
1h 17m 10s

be interested to hear that

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
It was funny how the music changed overnight in clubs in Brighton in late 80s, one Friday I was shuffling my feet down The Savannah( now club revenge)to the sounds of PUBLIC ENEMY, RUN DMC, ERIC B & RAKIM and when I went down the club the following week it was all SMILEY faces painted on bed sheets hanging from the walls and everyone screaming AAAACCCCCCIIIDDDDDD AAAACCCCCIIIIIDDDDDD man (never heard Public enemy in a club again after that ) the whole music scene literally changed overnight

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
How big is the file? Is it emailable? You'd be making a 40 year old who's clearly having a mid life crisis v happy......

Have a look on soundcloud there are lots of old mix tapes on there. Sasha at the moonlight club was one of the best i found but there are some sterns ones on there too. There are also some sterns ones on the sterns facebook page somewhere.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
It was funny how the music changed overnight in clubs in Brighton in late 80s, one Friday I was shuffling my feet down The Savannah( now club revenge)to the sounds of PUBLIC ENEMY, RUN DMC, ERIC B & RAKIM and when I went down the club the following week it was all SMILEY faces painted on bed sheets hanging from the walls and everyone screaming AAAACCCCCCIIIDDDDDD AAAACCCCCIIIIIDDDDDD man (never heard Public enemy in a club again after that ) the whole music scene literally changed overnight

D-mob will never understand how they changed the world...!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here