Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Car help

Mad as my Mother

May 21, 2013
Dorset
The missus just gave birth to our 5th kid and while packing everyone into our Galaxy I realised it's just not big enough.
I've got 3 kid in car seats, one on a booster and the other is a teen.
I've been looking online for a bigger motor but I'm at a loose end. The VW Caravelle's look ideal but they are out of my price range seems like the Merc Vito's are pricey too.
I'm stuck on alternatives, got around 10k but don't want some high mileage banger.
Any suggestions on MPV's that are bigger than a Galaxy please?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
You could always tie a knot in it and tell everyone to breathe in (not helpful admittedly). Howabout a minibus?

Mad as my Mother

May 21, 2013
Dorset
Knot is going to be firmly tied from now on! no more! never!
Transit size mini bus wouldn't work, my missus has to drive it and wouldn't drive one of those and the mpg would be horrendous.

Jan 21, 2012
I don't know how far back they go (age and budget) but what about the Hyundai i800? Shit loads of room in one of them.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
There's a 7 seat ford S-max.

I'm not sure all of the seats are suitable for booster seats, though - a couple might be fold downs.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
VW Touran. Ticks all boxes. I'm surprised there not enough room in a beast like the Galaxy.

vw-touran-before-valet.jpg

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
There's a 7 seat ford S-max.

I'm not sure all of the seats are suitable for booster seats, though - a couple might be fold downs.

I,m assuming the OP has now got 6 children, as my wife has a Galaxy which would be ample for just 5 children....(booster seats as well)

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patreon
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
If your can put up with the horrendous design then the SsangYong Rodius. A mate has one and loves it.

Mad as my Mother

May 21, 2013
Dorset
Thanks all, The Galaxy would be big enough if we didn't have 2 push chairs to worry about, with all 7 seats up the boot is very small.
The rear facing car seat can only go in row 2 meaning the to other permanent child seats are in the back and the booster is taking up one of the other 2nd row, that leaves the last seat for my teen.
There are times when we can use that seat for shopping etc but living in the middle of nowhere means the car now has all occupants most of the time.
I will have a look at the 800i while out today, thanks for that suggestion. Some one else has just suggested a roof box, but i think I would have to carry a step ladder around with me to read it :lol:

Edit: The Ssangyong Rodius was suggested by a family member but I looked into it's safety and it's one of the worst of all the cars on the road, so that's a no go, thanks for the suggestion though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here