Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK help needed please!

acrossthepond

Jan 30, 2006
Ruritania
So, after the thick end of ten years out of the country, we're coming back to the UK. It seems to me to have changed a bit.....

Can the fount of wisdom that is NSC (when it's not tearing itself apart over poyetgate) please point us in the right direction on sensible deals for stuff like:

Mobile phone contracts.
Utilities providers
Phone/TV/Internet stuff

And any other pointers for how to set yourself up in the UK.

Cheers all,

atp

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The consensus of NSC is that 3 and Giffgaff are the best mobile phone operators. Giffgaff offer the best deals while 3 are close behind while also offering hope of data reception at the Amex.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The consensus of NSC is that 3 and Giffgaff are the best mobile phone operators. Giffgaff offer the best deals while 3 are close behind while also offering hope of data reception at the Amex.

Don't you have the Amex ap?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

I prefer Virgin.
600 min u/l texts u/l data including tethering for £6.32 a month.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

I've never heard anything but bad things said about Three, including from myself.

Utilities - depends upon the size of your household and the type of heating, etc. - just use http://www.uswitch.com/gas-electricity-enquiry/

Other stuff - depends where you live.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I prefer Virgin.
600 min u/l texts u/l data including tethering for £6.32 a month.

what network does Virgin piggyback? and is there really tethering? so many of the others bar it, i dont see why if you stay within a download allowance.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I've never heard anything but bad things said about Three, including from myself.

Utilities - depends upon the size of your household and the type of heating, etc. - just use http://www.uswitch.com/gas-electricity-enquiry/

Other stuff - depends where you live.

I don't doubt that some people have bad experiences with Three (and I know their coverage was awful when they started). Nevertheless, I switched to them mainly because of the positive feedback about them on NSC, although GiffGaff do seem the most highly recommended on here.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Just stay where you are - its crap here.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
what network does Virgin piggyback? and is there really tethering? so many of the others bar it, i dont see why if you stay within a download allowance.

Comes off T Mobile, not sure what the question re tethering is but i use the hotspot on the iphone and pick it up on the ipad with excellent results.
When in the car the speed is ver good, no delays.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
3 is utterly dreadful !! It's ok in a major city but go out of the city and no coverage.
EE is probably the outright best as you get TMobile and Orange networks to use.

brixtonA23

Aug 5, 2011
So, after the thick end of ten years out of the country, we're coming back to the UK. It seems to me to have changed a bit.....

Can the fount of wisdom that is NSC (when it's not tearing itself apart over poyetgate) please point us in the right direction on sensible deals for stuff like:

Mobile phone contracts.
Utilities providers
Phone/TV/Internet stuff

And any other pointers for how to set yourself up in the UK.

Cheers all,

atp

Will the moderators please identify cheap market research questions. If you can use a computer then there isn't a discussion about how the world has changed neither all questions related to one particular subject. I may be horribly wrong. But I don't think so.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Agreed

Agreed

He may have a reason to want to come back. How bad is the UK really? In beautiful NZ it has one of the highest suicide rate amongst teenagers per capita in the OECD it also has one of the highest teenage pregnancy rates, it also has more child abuse than a lot of western countries.

I also have no cell coverage whatsoever, no superfast broadband and no football live on TV soon. I also don't have the Albion, so the UK isn't all that bad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here