Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Water

trancing

On our way 2 falmer
Jul 23, 2009
Shoreham By Sea
Me and the missus rented a flat in Hove for a year, we moved out to stay with the parents to save for mortgage 16 months ago, we've just received a bill from Southern Water saying we owe them £230 for time we lived in the flat , has this happened anyone else before ? I cant understand how they can send us a bill nearly a year and half after moving out :tantrum:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Did you set up with them when you moved in, and have you been paying?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
has this happened anyone else before ?

what, getting sent a bill for a service that was provided? yeah happens all the time.

or are you saying you paid up at the time?

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Funnily enough I got a water bill for a commercial unit I have with just a toilet and sink in it so the amount of water used is pretty constant. £127 for 6 months

I found the bill from 2009 a little later £83 !!!! in 4 years its gone up £44 - Whats the inflation rate the government tell us ? 3%? 5% yeah right

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Southern Water are a terrible company to get any sense from. And they don't pay their taxes. And they are one of the biggest polluters in the South of England.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Dealing with their customer services was an absolute nightmare. Poxy two bit useless bunch of ********s.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Recently had them round to do a survey, to see if they could fit ,,a meter, as it turns out they can't cos I share a supply with next door, and the pipe in my house is boxed in, so they told me, I would have to be on a special tariff, an extra 150 quid a year, for a 3 bedroom house. When my daughter is away at uni, there is only the missus and me here, and that's only in the evenings,so I phoned them and told them it was a 2 bedroom house with a study,after a lot of argument , and them telling me I can't sell my house as a 3 bedroom, my bill will be the same as it is now. Don't want a meter, in five years time they will do what the other privatised utility's have done,and it will even more expensive than it is now.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Recently had them round to do a survey, to see if they could fit ,,a meter, as it turns out they can't cos I share a supply with next door, and the pipe in my house is boxed in, so they told me, I would have to be on a special tariff, an extra 150 quid a year, for a 3 bedroom house. When my daughter is away at uni, there is only the missus and me here, and that's only in the evenings,so I phoned them and told them it was a 2 bedroom house with a study,after a lot of argument , and them telling me I can't sell my house as a 3 bedroom, my bill will be the same as it is now. Don't want a meter, in five years time they will do what the other privatised utility's have done,and it will even more expensive than it is now.

Did you apply for the meter or they fitting them compulsory ?

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Did you apply for the meter or they fitting them compulsory ?

Sorry, just read that again you said you didn't want a meter.

Most couples would be better off on a meter, do you not get the option with southern water to revert back to your water rates if you didn't save on a meter?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
No, I don't think so, they have invested so much money in meter I can't see prices not rising massively over the next few years. I imagine that my bill, where they can't fit a meter, will rise in proportion.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
SW have been after me for 120 quid from a property I rented about 6 years ago. I ignore them.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here