Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Getting an Iphone un-locked?/Three network 'One Plan'.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Can anyone tell me the best and cheapest place to get an iPhone unlocked?

I'm switching from O2 to 'Three' next week and going on to a pay-as-you go sim deal. Rather than buy a new phone i thought i'd see if i could get my iPhone 4 unlocked and just pop the new sim into it.

The guy in the Three shop told me to pop along to a shop opposite Primark in Western Road and they'd do it for about £20. I went there and they wanted £39. I tried a different shop in the lanes and they wanted £45. Is this really the going rate or can i get it done cheaper?

Also while we are on the subject of phones......

In about 4-6 months i will be switching onto the 'Three' networks 'The One Plan' with a Samsung Galaxy S4, tethering and all you can eat data. Does anyone have any experience of this phone or deal? It will enable me to get rid of my BT broadband at home i hope.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila

I'm switching from O2 to 'Three' next week and going on to a pay-as-you go sim deal. Rather than buy a new phone i thought i'd see if i could get my iPhone 4 unlocked and just pop the new sim into it.

The guy in the Three shop told me to pop along to a shop opposite Primark in Western Road and they'd do it for about £20. I went there and they wanted £39. I tried a different shop in the lanes and they wanted £45. Is this really the going rate or can i get it done cheaper?

In about 4-6 months i will be switching onto the 'Three' networks 'The One Plan' with a Samsung Galaxy S4, tethering and all you can eat data. Does anyone have any experience of this phone or deal? It will enable me to get rid of my BT broadband at home i hope.

You could jailbreak it and use Cydia, but its a bit risky if u don't know what u are doing'
3 offered to unlock mine for £15 but u might have to be on a contract. My daughter has an O2 and it was actually unlocked when she got it, just pop another sim in and see if it works...

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

I was in the same boat last month when switching from O2 to Three. I unlocked the iPhone 4 by going on the 02 website. It cost nothing.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI...ion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),CASE=17424

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
If the iPhone 4 has come from an O2 contract and you've finished it then they will unlock it for you if you ring them for free. (At least they did with me and my 3GS back in the day)

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The chap at Crawley market on the high street is good.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
When I had my old iphone4 I just phoned Vodafone asking them to unlock it. They said it would take 24-48 hours. I got an email telling me to plug it into the computer and load up iTunes. Did this, phone synced and was then unlocked, put an orange sim in no problem at all. Free, no need to jailbreak. My first suggestion would be phone O2 as the phone is yours so they should unlock it for you.

In regards to the S4 on the one plan, I'm using that exact phone and plan now, had no problems, tethering to the laptop on the train works a dream. Have left it tethered and downloading stuff to my own laptop while I've been at work. Used a lot of data but its truly unlimited which means no need to worry.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
O2 will do it for free, but make sure you ask them before your contract is cancelled, otherwise they'll charge you, I speak from experience! Then again, I think it was only £15 or so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here