Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'd take Tim Sherwood

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
I'm not sure why there is so much anti TS on here. His credentials look pretty good to me. I know he hasn't actually managed before but is held in high regard as a coach and was a very decent player too. Not sure where this "hoof" ball style will come from just because we would have a English gaffer. Didn't he play in the same midfield as Gus? Not the same player by a long way but he wasn't a huff and puff player either. Would much rather see a young up and coming English coach in charge. This anti everything English is why our game is going down hill.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It's not anti English, it's the fact that he has no experience and I never did like him anyway.

No thanks

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
It's not anti English, it's the fact that he has no experience and I never did like him anyway.

No thanks

Poyet hadn't managed before us. Surely someone who has played in this league would have more chance doing well than someone who probably didn't know it existed 3 years ago?

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
I'm not sure why there is so much anti TS on here. I know he hasn't actually managed before
You just answered your own question.

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
You just answered your own question.

So now we have to have a experienced manager who plays good football and is Spanish? We're Brighton in the championship ffs. A manager who is the finished article an successful probably wont come down to the championship don't you think?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Unlikely to be good enough. I believe teams tend to reflect their managers persona. Under Sherwood we'd be workmanlike at best.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I've got nothing against Sherwood. He may make a good manager, but I'd be seriously underwhelmed if it was him.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I have to say, whilst TS would be slightly underwhelming, the extent of the opposition to him on here surprises me. Young manager, maybe inexperienced but played at a high level and compared to someone like Darren Ferguson (who took a team down from this division last season) or Neil Warnock (who couldn't get a decent Leeds squad in the play offs) I'd be prepared to trust those in the know more than me and give him a go. Frankly, whilst OGJ sounds flair he would be equally unproven in the championship.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I wonder what the reaction would be like if he was the only candidate and OGJ wasn't even mentioned as being in the hunt - is it that OGJ is on the list means everyone else is underwhelming?

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
I wonder what the reaction would be like if he was the only candidate and OGJ wasn't even mentioned as being in the hunt - is it that OGJ is on the list means everyone else is underwhelming?

Nail on head

Feb 28, 2006
Eastleigh
For me it's a no, he has no past experience to even go on, he could be a complete disaster, the only person I would give that chance to is a Brighton legend who has Brighton running through his blood, doesn't even have any links with us whatsoever! No thanks!

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

I wouldn't grumble too much if OGJ isn't interested. But when you chat up Heather Graham you dont want to wake up to George.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I wouldn't grumble too much if OGJ isn't interested. But when you chat up Heather Graham you dont want to wake up to George.

pc667%20george.jpg

?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here