poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Post your Park Run 5K PB here

First one for me today. In at 22:30

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
You must have been near me at the Hove Park one this morning?

I'm usually a Preston Park runner and this was my first time park running anywhere else...got 21:32 this morning, my personal best is 21:18 in 8 runs total.

parkrun is such a fantastic idea!

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
love Park run - brilliant idea and the one here in Cheltenham is very well run

did my third today but no results yet

so far run 1 i did in 21.28 and second time out did 21.04

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
5k PB is 22.44, a few years back! Haven't done a parkrun yet.

Though I am starting one up at Maldon prom in a few weeks time!

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Thanks

just want to try and build it up so that is the norm now

doing Bristol half in September so mixing Park Runs with the longer distance stuff - working well so far.

I'm also planning on doing the Bristol half, as I have family that live over that way...I'm hoping to get under 21 minutes for parkrun by the end of the summer...even if its just by a second. I am comfortably doing under 22s at the moment.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Despite 5k being my strongest distance, I've never been motivated enough on a Saturday morning to get up early enough for a park run!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Quick question - how slow are the slowest at these events? I'm not much of a runner but fancy setting doing one of these as a goal. I've seen some talk that it is social and you can walk if you want but when I looked at the results for the Eastbourne one, everything was sub 30 minutes. I got down to 35 minutes on the treadmill when I last thought about it but I am not going if I am last by quite a way. What do I need to get down to before thinking about giving it a go?

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Quick question - how slow are the slowest at these events? I'm not much of a runner but fancy setting doing one of these as a goal. I've seen some talk that it is social and you can walk if you want but when I looked at the results for the Eastbourne one, everything was sub 30 minutes. I got down to 35 minutes on the treadmill when I last thought about it but I am not going if I am last by quite a way. What do I need to get down to before thinking about giving it a go?

my mate runs the Preston Park one and in 7 attempts, his best is 34 something....theres always five or six behind him as well

even if you were slower than this, you'd be most welcome...definitely give it a go!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
my mate runs the Preston Park one and in 7 attempts, his best is 34 something....theres always five or six behind him as well

even if you were slower than this, you'd be most welcome...definitely give it a go!
Thanks for the advice - I've been playing 4 a side once a week but need to get my fitness up and see if my ankle holds before giving it a go but the thought of an organised run rather than a treadmill is appealing.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
I'm also planning on doing the Bristol half, as I have family that live over that way...I'm hoping to get under 21 minutes for parkrun by the end of the summer...even if its just by a second. I am comfortably doing under 22s at the moment.

do you have a time in mind for the Bristol half? we booked in a while back and there are 5 of us all having a go - i'll be chuffed with anything under 1.50.

Park Run is definitely social. The one here usually gets 180-250 people and i'd say half are sub 26 and the rest go between 26 and 50.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Usually do the Hove one, but couldn't make it this morning. PB for that is 22:25, achieved on my last attempt. Have run plenty of sub-22 mins on a local 5k route - but on completely flat terrain and in prime conditions (I run much better in the evening). As above, running sub-21 mins is my long-term aim, and something to work towards. Sub-20 probably remains something of a pipe dream though.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester

Best way I've heard it put is, "No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping the guys on the couch"

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
Did my first one last week (in Sheffield), took me 25:19. Today's results aren't up yet but timing myself I reckon I took nearly a minute off that.

If I can get under 22 mins by the end of the summer I'll be very happy indeed!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here