Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why did Oscar leave Maccabi Tel Aviv?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
According to the Guardian, he said:

"Some circumstances in life transcend professional matters and I have been forced to suddenly take this decision."

Are we allowed to speculate about the reasons for his departure? Will we ever know the truth? etc, etc...

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
I understood it was his family that couldn't settle there

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
I heard it was due to his passionate love for the mighty Albion and his burning desire to manage at the Amex

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
You'd imagine it to be a tough place to live. Didn't Earnshaw go their on loan and have similar prob's?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Getting a rocket must have a whole different meaning over there.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
in England its not hard to find spanish vibe in London or Brighton.....Isreal is very Isreal.......and with the ten million jewish rules and strangeness, its no wonder they wanted out.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
in England its not hard to find spanish vibe in London or Brighton.....Isreal is very Isreal.......and with the ten million jewish rules and strangeness, its no wonder they wanted out.

True... but there was the Vicente saga...

Miffy

Jun 18, 2013
I don't know why, but hopefully he will have a new one by the end of the day

A new family?? Hmmmm it could work. Shows dedication to the club it's got that going for it. A day might be pushing it though - think we could at least give him until Monday?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
According to the Guardian, he said:

"Some circumstances in life transcend professional matters and I have been forced to suddenly take this decision."

Are we allowed to speculate about the reasons for his departure? Will we ever know the truth? etc, etc...

Maybe we tapped him up ???

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
So according to that article his family put pressure on him to return to Spain? What if he/they can't settle in England?

i think the paper might put a spin on it, the family wanting to leave Israel rather than wanting to necessarily return to Spain. i read something about threats to him, but that may be a mis-translation and it was the threats that exist there. would tie up wouldnt it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here