Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Telephone, Broadband and TV Packages

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I am sure that this has been discussed at great length in the past BUT,

Has anyone considered the options now that BT are entering the televised footy fray.

It seems to me, as a BT Broadband customer, that all I would have to do to 'enjoy' their new sports package would be to upgrade to their infinity package which would only be a few £s more than existing. However, although I have a Sky box, it seems that you still need an active Sky account (minimum £21.50 pm) to be able to access the service. Seems a bit of minefield TBH.

I would be pleased to hear if any thoughts on this.

Sorry if I have missed any previous thread on this new service.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
With he BT tv package you can have sky sports 1/2. You can also have BT sport added to your sky.
Duno how much it costs as I get infinity and bt sport free but the tv box hasn't turned up yet.
Thinking about it, I'm not much help am I? Sorry.

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
I am sure that this has been discussed at great length in the past BUT,

Has anyone considered the options now that BT are entering the televised footy fray.

It seems to me, as a BT Broadband customer, that all I would have to do to 'enjoy' their new sports package would be to upgrade to their infinity package which would only be a few £s more than existing. However, although I have a Sky box, it seems that you still need an active Sky account (minimum £21.50 pm) to be able to access the service. Seems a bit of minefield TBH.

I would be pleased to hear if any thoughts on this.

Sorry if I have missed any previous thread on this new service.

You don't have to have upgrade to Infinity to get bt sport for free and no need to keep any sky subscription, bt just need your sky viewing card number and away you go.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Don't go with BT. My ordering and installation experience has been absolutely shambolic.
Run for the hills and don't look back!

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I don't think you have to have a sky box

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
With all this new competition in the market I think Sky will have to start lowering it's package prices soon. This may be a good time to ring them and threaten to leave.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Don't go with BT. My ordering and installation experience has been absolutely shambolic.
Run for the hills and don't look back!

I partly agree with this - i tried changing my BT subscription yesterday and it took 2 phone calls to them to get it sorted...and it still isn't. Otherwise they aren't too bad.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
With all this new competition in the market I think Sky will have to start lowering it's package prices soon. This may be a good time to ring them and threaten to leave.

Within 30 minutes of me posting that I got a letter from them offering half-price broadband for a year as a way of saying thank you. It seems I was right.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre

I'm sure I read last week that Sky are increasing their prices in September!

Depending on how much football & other sport you want, if you have a 'smart' TV & fast broadband connection surely there are enough 'free' streams to keep most people happy. Or am I being ultra thick?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here