Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thank you Gus Poyet

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Thanks Gus for the last 4 years. Thanks for giving us an identity. Thanks for giving us back some pride after the Withdean years. Thanks for being a cool dude in a smart designer suit. Thanks for beating the scum at home in a game so one sided Churchill would have been proud. Thanks for making Bridcutt the focal point of our team and for that Orlandi finish against Newcastle. Thanks. Just thanks.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
and I'm really sorry it didn't work out but let's all try and move on.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Has he gone?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Thanks Gus for the last 4 years. Thanks for giving us an identity. Thanks for giving us back some pride after the Withdean years. Thanks for being a cool dude in a smart designer suit. Thanks for beating the scum at home in a game so one sided Churchill would have been proud. Thanks for making Bridcutt the focal point of our team and for that Orlandi finish against Newcastle. Thanks. Just thanks.

For which he was no doubt paid very handsomely.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Gus Poyet:
6-1-640x360.jpg
y3eje8as.jpg
brighton-1.gif

v

Paul Barber:
dundee.jpg
fansnotcustomers.jpg

Just saying...

Last edited:

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
I never thought I'd love you
Quite as much as I do
And I never thought I feel this way
The way I feel about you
It mus be Gus,Gus,Gus
It must be Gus,Gus,Gus
Nothing more, nothing less Gus is the best...

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR

Pretty much this.

Gus's Albion career is on life support, but the memories are good. Despite the way it is (probably) ending, I couldn't find it in myself to hate him or even boo him should he return with another team.

Gus was and is passionate. He wore his heart on his sleeve and told it like it was. That was probably his downfall. There's lots that we don't know. Hopefully one day the who true story of what went on behind the scenes will emerge.

One thing I am fairly confident about - The club and those who make the 'decisions' are far from innocent in this whole wretched saga that should have been sorted weeks ago.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Happy days. Incredible how it has all turned to...

Thank you Gus. Can't deny his achievements. Fantastic times but, alas, time to move on.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Pretty much this.

Gus's Albion career is on life support, but the memories are good. Despite the way it is (probably) ending, I couldn't find it in myself to hate him or even boo him should he return with another team.

Gus was and is passionate. He wore his heart on his sleeve and told it lik
e it was. That was probably his downfall. There's lots that we don't know. Hopefully one day the who true story of what went on behind the scenes will emerge.

One thing I am fairly confident about - The club and those who make the 'decisions' are far from innocent in this whole wretched saga that should have been sorted weeks ago.

Yep

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Pretty much this.

Gus was and is passionate. He wore his heart on his sleeve and told it like it was. That was probably his downfall. There's lots that we don't know. Hopefully one day the who true story of what went on behind the scenes will emerge.

All great until the unfounded dig at the club. Why?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
all of this
and thankyou for making Brightonians
and old Brightonians
proud to stick our chests out and say yes I support and I am a fan of the Albion
and good luck wherever you go

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Has he gone?

What he said!

Have we missed the confirmation he's actually gone!

If he has gone....then thank you very much for the good times and what you've done for us!!!!!

But fvck you very much for way you've acted recently, thought more of you than that!

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Has he gone?

Whatever happens how can he possibly stay.

All this disciplinary hearing will decide is if he can be sacked so no pay out or be relieved of his duties where his contract will have to be paid up in full.

Whatever happens nothing should detract on the impact he has had on this football club.
We have out performed many teams over the last 3 years that have had more resources than we have.
Maybe he has taken us as far as he can.

The next manager will have a lot to live up to.Anything other than 4th or higher will be seen as a dissapointment next season

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here