Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Be careful what you wish for

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
Consider where we were the month before Gus joined us, and then look at where we are now.
Do you honestly think Gus did not play a major part in getting us where we are?

Losing Gus might not be the utopia that many of you seem to think ........

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Nobody is doubting the impact he has had on the club. The problem is that there has obviously been a massive falling out between Poyet and the senior people at the club and because of the Palace result people have decided Gus was the bad guy.

Had the Palace result been the other way round then people would be 100% behind Gus.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Consider where we were the month before Gus joined us, and then look at where we are now.

Jeeeeez after 5 weeks do we still have to go back to:-

Gus isn't a victim 1.1.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

Nobody is doubting the impact he has had on the club. The problem is that there has obviously been a massive falling out between Poyet and the senior people at the club and because of the Palace result people have decided Gus was the bad guy.

Had the Palace result been the other way round then people would be 100% behind Gus.

good God will you two please stop talking sense
its not allowed here

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
good God will you two please stop talking sense
its not allowed here

Not really talking sense. The point is Gus' position is now untenable. Yes, he deserves credit for his achievements. But its over, he has lost the majority of the fans, and the most important one - his boss, Tony. Get over it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Actually, a lot of utter tits on here have doubted him ever since day one, and wanted him gone regardless of the Palace game.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Not really talking sense. The point is Gus' position is now untenable. Yes, he deserves credit for his achievements. But its over, he has lost the majority of the fans, and the most important one - his boss, Tony. Get over it.

what majority of the 30,000 do you think he has lost then???????????

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

And losing him might not be the Armageddon that some of those still sitting on the top deck of the gus bus would have you believe. The next manager may take us to the next level. Look at 75/76, just missed out on promotion and Peter Taylor walked. Got someone in with no managerial experience and the rest is history. Bill Shankly was a great manager for Liverpool but his successor was even better! We don't know what the future holds but what is clear, is that it won't be with Poyet at the helm!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What do you suggest we wish for:

1. Gus to return - that isn't going to happen
2. A shit replacement - why would we do that?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
what majority of the 30,000 do you think he has lost then???????????

Well as no one has asked every single one of them we don't know but judging by the polls on here it would seem the majority, irrespective of their views on his achievements todate, agree that he should go.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Damn. I was wishing for Pep Guardiola as manager and a £100million playing budget. Was I wrong?

el punal

Crazy as this may seem, but did this massive falling out happen well before the play-off games? And, do you honestly think had we won the play-off final that it would have been kiss and make up?

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I meant most of the fans seem to think he is the bad guy. Had we won the playoff final, even she semi, then I reckon all the people wanting Gus gone now would be 100% behind him.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I meant most of the fans seem to think he is the bad guy. Had we won the playoff final, even she semi, then I reckon all the people wanting Gus gone now would be 100% behind him.

I told to stop talking sense :lolol:

Aug 23, 2011

I wouldn't have thought he's lost even half the fans. NSC is a minority with a lot of knee jerk reactionaries.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I don't think any Brighton fan had wished this to happen. I can't believe any of us (ok maybe a very small number) would have wanted him to leave, even after the palace game if we thought that his heart was still in the job. It is obvious that he is leaving one way or another and it is easier for people to look forward to what's next then it is to pine for what they have lost.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Did you not hear the man HE HAS HIT THE CEILING WITH US AND ITS ALL ABOUT HIM

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't think any Brighton fan had wished this to happen. I can't believe any of us (ok maybe a very small number) would have wanted him to leave, even after the palace game if we thought that his heart was still in the job. It is obvious that he is leaving one way or another and it is easier for people to look forward to what's next then it is to pine for what they have lost.
The kick in the teeth is, we all knew Gus would be off.
I'd have been more than happy to wave him goodbye and hope he progresses with his career.

But now that it's gone so sour, and on the back of THAT post match interview, I can't wait for him to be gone, and I'm already desperately excited about the next guy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here