Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet and the legends wall?

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
Now it looks like Oscar is a done deal will Poyet be replaced on the "legends" wall or will he stay? Personally I don't think the new manager, whom ever he may be can go on there so who takes his place in your opinion?
Mullers?

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
In 6 months time when this nasty mess is sorted, people will remember Gus for the good things he has done for the club and he will have a deserved place in our history.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Now it looks like Oscar is a done deal will Poyet be replaced on the "legends" wall or will he stay? Personally I don't think the new manager, whom ever he may be can go on there so who takes his place in your opinion?
Mullers?

Why replace gus on the legends wall? Despite the fact that I've been in the Gus out camp since the defeat to Watford, I still think he remains best manager we've had in 25 - 30 years. Don't forget we were heading for league 2 when he took over, the turnaround that season was nothing short of a miracle. For me, whatever has happened between Gus and The Albion, he has earned his place on the wall.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
In 6 months time when this nasty mess is sorted, people will remember Gus for the good things he has done for the club and he will have a deserved place in our history.

this
although I doubt many will agree

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
Is Leon Knight still up there after what he has been up to? Guneuine question as don't know the answer?

If Leon is there after his antics, then GP should stay too......

wilko1

Feb 23, 2009
Eastbourne
It should stay...he did great things for us....including highest finish for 30 years
Changed the way we play, and gave us some wonderful games
Anyone who has lived through the bad times must appreciate this
I agree he should go now, but don't let us forget his contribution

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
You worrying about this! How do you get a "In Gus we trust " tattoo removed from your girlfriends arse by Monday?

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Why replace gus on the legends wall? Despite the fact that I've been in the Gus out camp since the defeat to Watford, I still think he remains best manager we've had in 25 - 30 years. Don't forget we were heading for league 2 when he took over, the turnaround that season was nothing short of a miracle. For me, whatever has happened between Gus and The Albion, he has earned his place on the wall.

Well said

Also he has played a big part in the new stadium, training ground and general setup. Whatever happens he will leave a legacy.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
You worrying about this! How do you get a "In Gus we trust " tattoo removed from your girlfriends arse by Monday?

in amongst all the doom on here lately this has to be one of the funniest post
I really hope you did not mean it :lolol:

D

Deleted member 2719

Gus is not legend status.

He has had every bit of backing that past managers didn't get.

Legends are people like Charlie Webb,Peter Ward, Bobby Zamora and Barry Lloyd.

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
Never said he should be removed just if he is who would get the nod?

el punal

Is Leon Knight still up there after what he has been up to? Guneuine question as don't know the answer?

If Leon is there after his antics, then GP should stay too......

Whatever people say about Leon Knight, you can't argue that his goals and especially his successful penalty kick in the play-off final helped us to promotion in 2004. Those feats alone warrant his place.

Whatever your opinion is of Gus Poyet, his achievement in getting the Albion to the position that we are today is nothing (compared to where we were) is nothing short of a miracle.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'd just swap Gus for the new manager of the day. Instead of white out of blue put whoever it is on a banner that is blue out of white. That way they appear on the wall, but they are not legend status.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here