Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Unofficial Pimms, Strawberries and New Balls Thread

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Anyone tried the new Blackcurrant Pimms ? I think I could go for that if we ever get a hot and sunny day this year.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Why has Maria Sharapova turned into such an unpleasant tennis player?

Arguing with the umpire, louder grunts on key points, fist clenching when her opponent double faults and this pre-Wimbledon spat with Serena Williams. All very unprofessional and needless.

Lucky to win the first set on a tie break. Underestimating her opponent somewhat.

Last edited:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Why has Maria Sharapova turned into such an unpleasant tennis player?

Arguing with the umpire, louder grunts on key points, fist clenching when her opponent double faults and this pre-Wimbledon spat with Serena Williams. All very unprofessional and needless.

Lucky to win the first set on a tie break. Underestimating her opponent somewhat.

I've got to say, I don't agree.

Her focus and desire really impress me and she was morally right to argue the point about the second serve. She did benefit from it, there was a wrong call and she got a first instead of the second which it should be. Yes, the rule is clear and it is a first serve but I think it's wrong in that instance. There was a clear benefit from the challenge which I fon't like.

She was lucky in a way, but I don't think she underestimates this girl. She is damned good, especially behind her first serve. The second serve needs work, but she is only 20. Looks a real talent.

D

Deleted member 18477

Sharapova is a sexy woman. That bird she's playing against Mladenovic has got one hell of a pair of legs though!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Come on Tim!

This chap?

http://www.wimbledon.com/mobile/en_GB/players/atpsf62.html

yjy8yje6.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1372092292607.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1372092292607.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 124

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Nadal on the ropes.

Is it his persisting knee injury or is it that he can't be bothered so soon after winning his customary French Open title?

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
...and he's gone.

His body language was not good throughout the match. Might have been pissed off with being seeded 5th i guess. He had no preparation leading into Wimbledon on grass.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
As someone with seriously bad knees, I have massive sympathy for Nadal. I have always struggled with patella tendonitis, and there are days I can barely flex them. Other days it isn't so bad but generally speaking, you always feel it in anything you do.

Get better soon Nadal. :down:

D

Deleted member 18477

There needs to be more grass tennis and less hard court! How many grass tournaments are there? Queens, Halle, Eastbourne and Wimbledon? That it?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
He looked a yard slow so I'd say the knee.

That's my headline tip gone. Massive win for the bookies.

Crazy that the bookies made Rafa shorter than Andy Murray in the betting with no grass court practice. The real winner today though is Roger Federer - his odds will shorten big time. The bottom half looks a lot clearer now.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Good job Britain...

Murray - SUCCESS
Ward - FAIL
Edmund - FAIL
Baltacha - FAIL
Konta - FAIL
Keothavong - FAIL
Murray (Sam) - FAIL
Watson - FAIL
Laura Robson - TBC