Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bennett V Buckley

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Had disagreement with a friend at work this morning. Who would you start over the other? Buckley's goals to game record is better than Bennetts playing in a higher league plus Buckley is quicker and more direct. So who would you go with?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Bennett, created so many goals for the team. His assists tally was phenomenal.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Buckley for me in spite of his inconsistency.

Bennett did all is good work against poor League one opponents and not proved himself enough against better opponents.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Buckley, he'd start for Norwich every week, massive talent which much more to come if we can sort his feckin hamstrings out. Bennett struggles to make the team at Norwich. I think Bennett looked so good for us because it was Division One football, he'd be great at Championship level but doesn't seem to have made it in the EPL yet from what little I can see form here, IMHO.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Different types of player. Would rather both, one on each wing.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Buckley for me in spite of his inconsistency.

Bennett did all is good work against poor League one opponents and not proved himself enough against better opponents.

wow, we must have been typing the same thoughts at different ends of the earth simultaneously then, deep man......

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I fear that Buckley's build and lack of fitness will ultimately lead to the loss of his most valuable asset, speed. His crossing is generally poor. I think Bennet is still a better prospect for the championship and I don't think we need to concern ourselves with "premiership potential".

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
As much as I like Buckey, Bennett was one of my all time favourite Albion players so Bennett for me.

I loved watching him play, his passing, crossing and set set pieces were some of the best I've seen in the stripes. Great attitude also.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
When Buckley get's it right, he is unplayable.

People will say that's an overly dramatic statement for a player in the championship but he has the qualities that defenders hate. His turn of pace (especially for a tallish player), he is direct, and he can shoot. Of course, it's getting him on the pitch regularly which is the key.

This is one of the reasons I just can't panic about next season like others. Some of the quality we have in attacking areas for a new manager to play with is very exciting.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Bennett is the better footballer, comfortably. He could also satisfy multiple positions; out wide, and centrally where he was most effective.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Bennett is more versatile and less injury prone, I'd choose him with Kaz playing too which would still leave us with a quality attacking winger. If Buckley didn't have the oft recurring hamstring problems I'd feel differently

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here