Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So Oscar comes in and is given a cheque book

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Assuming he sticks with what he knows, although he's CV does seem to be fairly European, our starting 11 could be:-

.......................Koosh

Bruno (ESP),........2 of 3 British CB,......Left back (ESP)

.................Bridcutt replacement (ESP)

Lopez (ESP)........??.................??.......Orlandi (ESP ish)

.....................Ulloa (ESP ish)

Koosh and the centre backs could be the only non Spanish(ish) players.

Personally I can't wait.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Yeah, as long as we're playing Tahiti every week we should be fine.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
First question, who is Oscar?

Second question, why would we want a mosly Spanish team? We are an English team playing in the English Championship.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Second question, why would we want a mosly Spanish team? We are an English team playing in the English Championship.

Because I look at our imports from last season, and wouldn't swap any of them for any English 'stars', in and around this division.
(Bridge being the exception that proves the rule)

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

I've had 30 years of watching English clodhoppers, this is the age of the FLAIRMEISTERS! :goal:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why would he be given a cheque book when Gus is being hounded out for asking the same
No manager signs anywhere with no money to spend, the sticking point with Gus has always been how much.

Next season we'll find out who was right Gus or his paymasters.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
He won't be given a cheque book - he will be given the playing budget that will keep us within the FFP regulations. But, as foreign talent is generally cheaper than British talent, that is where whoever comes in will be looking, I am sure.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London

Im with you on this one. Why the obsession with Spanish imports?!?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Why would he be given a cheque book when Gus is being hounded out for asking the same?

Indeed. Whilst we don't know what Gus was asking for, if we'd had the money to give him, I'm sure he would have been given it. We must presume the new man will be on limited funds, unless he can sell players to buy.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

I totally agree, why bring in players brought up and trained in the footballing culture of the best international side in the world for comparitive peanuts when we could buy generally over-priced and inferior English ones instead?

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
I totally agree, why bring in players brought up and trained in the footballing culture of the best international side in the world for comparitive peanuts when we could buy generally over-priced and inferior English ones instead?

This is not my point at all. We are an English side we should be trying to bring in home grown talent as well rather than going foreign all the time

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd say the biggest let down we've had from Spain is Vicente.
A player most of us would want back, even if it's a bit of a dubious relationship.

Clodhoppers like Bobby Z, Peter Ward, Mark Lawrenson?
Wow there's some gap between those eras.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here