Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not Oscar Garcia but TS

EricYoung59

Jul 8, 2012
I'm not convinced TB will go for Oscar Garcia - it would solve the Spanish player issue for sure but... Whoever it is I bet nobody gets offered a 5 year contract again!

I've a sneaking suspicion that with the changes at Spurs and the Barber link we might end up seeing Tim Sherwood as manager!

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Colin has been seen at Spanish speaking classes lately!

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I'm not convinced TB will go for Oscar Garcia - it would solve the Spanish player issue for sure but... Whoever it is I bet nobody gets offered a 5 year contract again!

I've a sneaking suspicion that with the changes at Spurs and the Barber link we might end up seeing Tim Sherwood as manager!

I think you are the only one who thinks this!

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
I've said it once and I'll say it again, I would love Ole Gunnar Solakjaer!

Would definitely have a Plan B seeing as e was Man U's Plan B for years and his contacts would be just as impressive as Oscars to be fair!

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
The daily star -

Brighton will target Tottenham coach Tim Sherwood if Gus Poyet, currently suspended by the Championship club, leaves the Seagulls.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

I think you could be right, and I'm not wholly unimpressed by that. Bit of a back handed compliment, but I can see the merits of a Sherwood. Bit of a gamble though. Gamble? Hmmmm.

Stumpy Tim

If it was Sherwood I think Tony would have done his homework. Not all good coaches make good managers, but many do. Any appointment is a risk, and with Sherwoods credentials I don't think he would be a bad choice.

Having said that, I want OSCAR

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
He would cost a lot, he is one of the main men at spurs and after we have just completed our backroom staff with baldini we won't want to be recruiting again.

I seriously think you would be looking close to 2 million for him.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
For what it's worth I don't think Sherwood would necessarily be a bad appointment - very well thought of as a coach - but I'd much rather we got OGJ instead

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I'm quite excited by the idea of Oscar, but that may simply be because he seems to have the flairtastic credentials we've all come to admire and salivate over.

What do we know about his temperament, personality, ambitions? Might he have a little too much of the Poyet-style ego and baggage that have evidently caused so much angst for TB and Barber?

Not saying this is the case - simply saying, do we know? I'm trusting the board to make the right choice here and if it's Sherwood, it's Sherwood. I promise not to sulk.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here