Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where now for Poyet ?

EricYoung59

Jul 8, 2012
If as now seems likely GP leaves Albion today where is he likely to end up? I guess for someone with an ego like his, it will still come as a shock that the Club was bigger than him!
He may have something lined up, but where's that likely to be?

My guess - he's courted the media here in England so I think he will stay here, as for Club - QPR, Southampton, Leicester or Newcastle

Ive checked my grammar hybrid, I'm struggling - any errors are mine

Last edited:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Don't think there will be quite the clamour for his services that some of you are suggesting.

Graymac

May 1, 2013
Isle of wight
Don't think there will be quite the clamour for his services that some of you are suggesting.

Agree with this , his ego & outbursts will put off a lot of clubs, even if the Swansea job did come up I doubt they would go for Gus as surely if lack of spending on transfers is reason for laudrap possibly leaving, Gus would be totally a no go for them.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
And I don't think he will be as cast aside as others think either.

I really struggle with this anti Gus stuff. When he became our manager it was a bit like the geeky kid ending up bedding the head cheerleader. It was never going to be for ever but he helped raise our profile and we had some fun on the way. Okay he was high maintenance but the results justified the efforts. The time has come to part the ways - in the interim we have done good (to stretch the analogy, we've founded facebook) but I for one don't want to remember the parting, I want to remember the good times.

I really hope we get a manager who keeps and develops the style we now have and who can takes us further. But the premier league is not the be all and end all. I also hope that Gus gets a good job and is succesful. He is a precocious talent.

And if I'm to be blunt, now we've done good we should also be looking out for our old mates. Charlie oatway is going through a tougher time than many of us can imagine and I only hope that he doesn't get ruined by the collateral damage that the Willy waving of the last few weeks has caused.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
If he doesn't get a gig with a club before the season begins I can see him getting quite a bit of media work as he seems popular in that regard.

He'll do that until a club starts off poorly and he's then offered a job.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I strongly believe that if Suarez hadn't used that word to Evra, then the subsequent convoluted chain of events would not have lead us to this outcome, but maybe to one with a happy Gus preparing with us for a season in the Premier League.

*speculation*, yes. Libellous accusations against any individuals, no.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Probably work for Sky/BBC/ITV/ESPN etc until the first Premier sackings in September / October

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Can't see him going to Swansea, I think they've gone up a level and are unlikely to appoint a manager with just a League 1 title to his name, let alone someone with all his baggage. In fact it's difficult to see any PL team being prepared to take a chance on him at this point in time. Whatever the outcome today, if it is announced today, the process is likely to have damaged Poyet's reputation and he may have to take a step back in order to move forward again. The extent to which his ego will be able to accept this is a debatable point.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Don't care where he goes to be honest
Most managers who leave here and think the grass is greener etc have failed miserably

Peter Taylor Mark One went and made up a management team that won a League Championship and Two European cups, he's the only one that really bucked the trend.

black & white seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Brighton
I really struggle with this anti Gus stuff. When he became our manager it was a bit like the geeky kid ending up bedding the head cheerleader. It was never going to be for ever but he helped raise our profile and we had some fun on the way. Okay he was high maintenance but the results justified the efforts. The time has come to part the ways - in the interim we have done good (to stretch the analogy, we've founded facebook) but I for one don't want to remember the parting, I want to remember the good times.

I really hope we get a manager who keeps and develops the style we now have and who can takes us further. But the premier league is not the be all and end all. I also hope that Gus gets a good job and is succesful. He is a precocious talent.

And if I'm to be blunt, now we've done good we should also be looking out for our old mates. Charlie oatway is going through a tougher time than many of us can imagine and I only hope that he doesn't get ruined by the collateral damage that the Willy waving of the last few weeks has caused.

Probably the most reasoned response I've read since this sorry state of affairs started. Couldn't agree with you more.

Smile

Aug 19, 2011

So true

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Spot on ade

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here