Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bookies' favourite Garcia is a wanted man [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Bookies' favourite Garcia is a wanted man[/h]11:25pm Thursday 20th June 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2503795.jpg
Oscar Garcia is favourite to become Albion's next manager
OSCAR Garcia, odds-on favourite with bookmakers to become Albion’s next manager, is a wanted man.
The former Barcelona midfielder has already turned down several offers after steering Maccabi Tel Aviv to the Israeli title last season.
Garcia, 40, pictured, in an interview with a Spanish newspaper revealed: “I’m happy because I’ve had diverse offers. “For the moment I’ve rejected them all but I’ve got options to coach (next season).
“I’m a bit unusual. I don’t just take the first thing that comes along. “I prefer to think a lot and study a lot.
“What attracts me most is a team with a convincing sporting project, somewhere I will fit in and can really do something.
“That’s my priority rather than wanting to go to any particular country.”
Garcia was linked in Spain with Aston Villa and Queens Park Rangers last season. He almost signed for West Ham during a playing career which also included spells with Valencia and Espanyol.
A source close to Garcia told The Argus yesterday: “There is nothing in England for Oscar, not for now. Brighton still have a manager.”
Garcia is 4-6 with BetVictor and 8-13 with Stan James to succeed Gus Poyet at The Amex.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here