Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The night before the funeral.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Yes for all the weeks of pain on here it now has a very hollow feel to it. We are on the brink of a big decision and probably significant changes. It seems that a dear friend is about to move on.

Even if Gus stays it would not feel the same, but that seems very unlikely. Just over a month ago we were riding a spectacular roller coaster and everything was so rosy. Now we are adrift in a sea of uncertainty with no one at the tiller.

I am trying to focus on what lies ahead. Ok it may take a week or so for things to emerge but I am very hopeful that we will be talking about lots of positives very soon.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
It's the summer solstice tomorrow - will it bring an end to the midsummer madness?

The longest day could indeed be a very long day.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
In Caveman's defence, I don't think it's 'gay' to lament the fact that one of the greatest managers we've ever had is leaving. Who know what's going to happen, but whatever you feel about Gus, it's a very sad end to what has been one of the most exciting eras in the club's history.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
He is NOT one of the greatest - he's currently behind Barry Lloyd and if you did a weighted survey factoring in cash he's probably behind Mark MCGuee.

He has been a decent manager and achieved a lot but stop please stop this messiah like worshipping and read the history books. JCLs are excused because they've only had 1 manager to assess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here