Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tanno

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I wonder if anything will emerge about why he was suspended. Puts to bed the idea people were bandying around that 'no-one gets suspended without good reason', 'no smoke without fire' etc. He was cleared of all wrong-doing yet had to endure the ignominy of the club's disciplinary procedure. Seems pretty odd to me.

I wouldn't be surprised if the outcome for Charlie was the same (wouldn't look particularly good for the club that, dragging a loyal servant like him through the mud for no reason).

We are all assuming that what Poyet has allegedly done is much worse than whatever Tanno was accused of.

The one thing that remains absolutely baffling for me is that all three have apparently been suspended for different reasons. Who ever heard of a company suspending three of its senior employees at the same time for unrelated incidents? Whatever your view of the situation regarding Gus, it DOES make it seem like a witch hunt, even if it isn't one - as if the club are determined to get rid of the whole management and coaching team, whatever it takes.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The suggestion generally on here has been that Charlie is suspended for good reason, and that it is completely unconnected with Gus's suspension. Seems Tano was just caught in the crossfire, so to speak.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Makes you wonder wether these incidents happened earlier this season, the club just didn't want to ruffle any feathers while we were in the playoff scuffle.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Still odd though - Tanno suspended, but cleared, Poyet suspended but apparently for good reason, Charlie also suspended apparently for good reason, but his case completely unrelated to the other two.

I wonder if we will ever know the truth about what the hell has been going on.

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
Still odd though - Tanno suspended, but cleared, Poyet suspended but apparently for good reason, Charlie also suspended apparently for good reason, but his case completely unrelated to the other two.

no:tantrum:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

It's not the biggest leap of faith to think Tanno being 'cleared' makes sound business sense, by virtue of the fact he'll not be staying after any 'divorce'.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012

I doubt it. Compromise agreement I reckon. Nice and neat.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I agree that in theory you would not suspend the whole managerial team lightly but maybe the allegations that triggered this gave sufficient cause for it to be prudent to suspend them all.

In theory there should be no presumption of guilt and as the investigation progressed it seems sufficient evidence emerged for Tanno to be reinstated. Curious that the Charlie situation hasn't been resolved. However that might be a totally separate process concerning different allegations, who knows? On the other hand you do wonder if it might hinge on the outcome of the Gus situation and Charlie (and eventually an innocent Tanno) just become collateral damage?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I wonder if anything will emerge about why he was suspended. Puts to bed the idea people were bandying around that 'no-one gets suspended without good reason', 'no smoke without fire' etc. He was cleared of all wrong-doing yet had to endure the ignominy of the club's disciplinary procedure. Seems pretty odd to me.

I wouldn't be surprised if the outcome for Charlie was the same (wouldn't look particularly good for the club that, dragging a loyal servant like him through the mud for no reason).

We are all assuming that what Poyet has allegedly done is much worse than whatever Tanno was accused of.

The one thing that remains absolutely baffling for me is that all three have apparently been suspended for different reasons. Who ever heard of a company suspending three of its senior employees at the same time for unrelated incidents? Whatever your view of the situation regarding Gus, it DOES make it seem like a witch hunt, even if it isn't one - as if the club are determined to get rid of the whole management and coaching team, whatever it takes.

said more or less on another thread
and the more I think about the less it makes sense
and it still does not sit well with me
the whole thing has been and still is a mess

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
It's not uncommon for a management team to be suspended pending investigation when a senior shop floor manager has been found to not be doing things in accordance with certain procedures, and as a result of investigation 1 or more of those suspended are found to be innocent and return to work.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
A cynical person might see that reinstating one or both members of Poyet's management team means they are still likely to leave with him, but won't be eligible for compensation, it's their choice to follow him.

I think it is fairly predictable that Tanno would follow Gus if he goes but fear that Charlie might somehow get left out in the cold by both Gus and the Club. Of course if Charlie did something that Gus was unaware of or unhappy about then he is in a very difficult place. As with everything else at the moment it is speculation, but my instincts suggest something of this ilk may happen.

D

Deleted member 2719

It's not uncommon for a management team to be suspended pending investigation when a senior shop floor manager has been found to not be doing things in accordance with certain procedures, and as a result of investigation 1 or more of those suspended are found to be innocent and return to work.

Yep i know of a company that suspended 5 people, a manager his assistant and shop floor workers and the latter 3 got the bullet with the management staying. Not sure that it will work that way round i suppose it boils down to how you defend your actions and who is prepared to give evidence against you.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Yep i know of a company that suspended 5 people, a manager his assistant and shop floor workers and the latter 3 got the bullet with the management staying. Not sure that it will work that way round i suppose it boils down to how you defend your actions and who is prepared to give evidence against you.

Also sometimes employees are suspended even if they aren't suspected of any wrong doing. It is used to either protect them or keep them away from the coal face as it were

Miffy

Jun 18, 2013

Where has he been dragged through the mud other than with unfounded speculation online? An accusation has been made, the club, in line with normal procedures, have suspended him while they investigate it fully. If proved action will be taken and if disproved he will be reinstated and it will be made publicly clear that he has no case to answer exactly as has happened with Tanno.

Standard business practice where serious allegations are made against staff members. There's no indication it hasn't been carried out amicably (I have no idea whether it is or not) & the club have acted perfectly correctly in protecting his reputation by refusing to make the reasons public as far as I can see.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Interesting that the whole Charlie thing has gone quiet and no statements from the club on him. You would have thought that it would have moved on a bit as surely it can't have taken longer than the Gus 500 page drama

Perhaps the club just realised that dealing with Gus was the more pressing concern.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here