Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Question Time - Johnson and Brand

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
If ever there was a must see Question Time it's tonight. Should be an absolute cracker.

CM (now retired, so for one last time: 'Shiver me f**king timbers!'...and goodnight NSC!)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Good job Johnson and Brand aren't too common a name, there could be confusion over who you mean...

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Do we have a :flounce: ?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

Feck me, your one of only a couple that 'gets' my posts-----------------------that leaves me alone with @Ernest FFS! :eek:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
both overated media whores.

Brand is MASSIVELY underrated. Most don't like him, yet he is a very funny, very articulate bloke. Watch tonight.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Brand is MASSIVELY underrated. Most don't like him, yet he is a very funny, very articulate bloke. Watch tonight.

I wonder where you come to the conclusion that most don't like him. I don't find him very funny to be honest, but admire his stand on drugs for instance.

I'd like him better when he isn't trying to be a comedian.

It's just that I often hear this from his fans. As if he is some form of niche indie comedian. He isn't is he ?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Agree he is articulate and clever. I just can't stand Melanie Phillips, who is on as well. She seems not just opinionated and humourless, but nasty, vicious and intolerant - and that's to members of the audience, let alone the panel.

I usually totally disagree with what she is saying as well - I probably did not need to point that out.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Re: ** Official match thread - Spain vs Tahiti - BBC Three - 19:30 **

It's one of those lazy generalisations.

I think his stand up stuff is shit, but I've only seen one session, so not the finest of judges. The only gig I saw was going on and on and on about the Sachsgate incident.

However, I find his written musings to be excellent. It's exactly how I write/or would like to write.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
He's the opposite of Eddie Izzard to me. Far more engaging in real life.

Obviously highly intelligent but I'm not convinced comedy is the best vehicle.

Agree with BOF.

I first got interested in him when he did that documentary about the BNP. He's actually got a knack at interviewing and drawing information out of people. Bit like Louis Theroux.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Agree he is articulate and clever. I just can't stand Melanie Phillips, who is on as well. She seems not just opinionated and humourless, but nasty, vicious and intolerant - and that's to members of the audience, let alone the panel.

I usually totally disagree with what she is saying as well - I probably did not need to point that out.

This. Agree with everything you say, Phillips really is an absolute ARSE, I hope she makes a fool of herself.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Melamine Phillips is the token right wing nut job. Bit lazy having her on, is Hitchens unavailable ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here