Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Live music thread urgent "The Blue Aeroplanes"

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
Looking forward to this. Beatsongs playing in anticipation of a great night!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Doors 6.30
Finish late.
Over ten acts.
Oh if only I had seen that too. Got a wedding that day so can't even go last minute. As an aside -Popguns are playing in Brighton sometime soon but not sure exact date.

I think they're at the Albert tomorrow......... (yours, partying like it's 1989)

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
tickets still available for Sickly Mike's stupid name Shed (or whatever it's called) in Middle Street tonight.

I need another shower, should be good

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I get the feeling I would go to the Cherry Red evening and it could go one of two ways: either i feel like I'm in my mid-teens again, or everyone looks REALLY old and I feel a little bit disheartened. Especially if they played You'll Never Be That Young Again by Jesse Garon and the Desperados at the disco afterwards. Still, you make your own fun - I'm sure it'll be a great night. Isn't there a C86 kind of night that plays occasionally in Brighton? Must go one time - as long as it's not full of 21 year olds...enjoy yr Blue Aeroplanes for those who go.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I get the feeling I would go to the Cherry Red evening and it could go one of two ways: either i feel like I'm in my mid-teens again, or everyone looks REALLY old and I feel a little bit disheartened. Especially if they played You'll Never Be That Young Again by Jesse Garon and the Desperados at the disco afterwards. Still, you make your own fun - I'm sure it'll be a great night. Isn't there a C86 kind of night that plays occasionally in Brighton? Must go one time - as long as it's not full of 21 year olds...enjoy yr Blue Aeroplanes for those who go.

I think buying the Cherry Red Compilation is the best bet. Playing it loud in your own basement/bedroom whilst reading old copies of The Sunshine Playroom Fanzine. Anorak optional.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I think buying the Cherry Red Compilation is the best bet. Playing it loud in your own basement/bedroom whilst reading old copies of The Sunshine Playroom Fanzine. Anorak optional.

I'll do as you suggest. I already have quite a few of the tracks, but there are some unreleased things in there and I'm a bit of a collector. Flowery shirt, black jeans and DMs are on standby.

@Pevenseagull - you went then? Love all around?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I'll do as you suggest. I already have quite a few of the tracks, but there are some unreleased things in there and I'm a bit of a collector. Flowery shirt, black jeans and DMs are on standby.

@Pevenseagull - you went then? Love all around?

Marvelous gig, all of Beatsongs a couple of excellent tracks of the recent album and about 10 other choice selections. In a superior, parallel universe they are headlining the main stage at Glastonbury, orangutans aren't endangered and my flat is tidy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here