Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Curtis Davis

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
According to Andy Naylor we tried to sign Curtis Davies, but he was too expensive. Signing for Hull instead.

Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 3m
#bhafc were interested in Curtis Davies but he was far too expensive. Now the Birmingham centre half is reportedly set to sign for Hull.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Championship club priced out when Premiership club show interest SHOCK!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So after Van Dijk that's the second big money centre-back we've chased. Clearly, there's a feeling we need more than Upson, El-Abd and Dunk have to give us.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Always thought he was a bit overrated to be honest
Hmm, was a bit overhyped when he moved to Villa for a big fee at a young age. Seems to have finally delivered on his early promise in the last couple of years, admittedly since dropping back down with Birmingham. Put in a monstrous performance at the Amex last season in their 1-0 win, up there with the best I can recall.

£2m sounds about right, considering Brum's pretty desperate financial situation. They were asking for £4m apparently when we enquired in January (say the Argus), so Hull have done well. Think he'll do a solid job for them.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I thought upson was one of the reasons we ended up as high as we did.

Btw, my reading supporting mate suggested he may go back to them next week.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I think our interest in Curtis Davies was mentioned back in the January transfer window, then we moved on to VvD, with Upson being the temporary solution. I still wouldn't rule out Upson coming in permanently if Gus stays.

However a new manager may see things differently and have other priorities for spending his precious budget on. For example if OGJ is the manager (with all of his contacts and knowledge) then maybe he may have other signings in mind?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I actually think he's very good, a complete, well rounded CB and at 28 could play another 6 years easy.

Yes I wouldn't over-pay him but he could have been our Championship then step up to Prem version of L1 then step up to Championship Greer!

He's always been on high wages though according to rumours so not that surprised.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
28, would cost over £2 million and isn't very good. Dodged bullet.

I take it you didn't see his performance against us when we lost to that wonder-strike & spent most of the match throwing the kitchen sink at 'em? Davies was magnificent.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Badias from Maccabi Tel Aviv is the man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here