Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

e-cash - good or bad, useful or useless

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
I’ve never used e-cash, never really thought about it. If you’re one of the users of it, how easy is it to get it sorted and does it take long to understand it?

It seems like a good idea to me but I’m wondering if the club should or could do more to promote it and to encourage its use.

I’d be interested in what others think about it.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Piece of p*ss. Put money on card (online or in either shop), use card to buy stuff in shop or ground, get 10% of what you spent credited back on the card. Spend that and get 10% of that credited back, etc

Bit of a no brainer when spending money at the club. Not like you're going to be at the Amex on match day without your season ticket, so no chance of forgetting money for pie and pint.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Blimey bruv....
Click on FANS on the official site, click on TOP UP E CASH here
Put £30 on your card via your lap top, put your card on the scanner at the till.
Your purchase is deducted off your balance and 10% of the purchase total is automatically added.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
When will I be able to buy tickets and stuff using bitcoin?

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
I used it first few games of 11/12 season, buts its such a pain topping it up I haven't been bothered, if you could use PayPal to top it up I'd use it more

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Great idea and a good thing.

Last season I didn't actually take any cash at all to home games so I couldn't stop off via the local pub on the way home!

I've set it to auto top up as well so as soon as it dipped below a fiver another £30 would appear instantly at the till. It's a great thing to have and I would like it to stay.

Would be great if every club had it and it could be used at other grounds too.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
It's great. 10% off any purchase and quicker transaction times. They should have more e-cash only queues to sped things up even more as sometimes people still use their debit/credit cards in the non-cash queue.

The only thing to look our for is the auto-top-up if you use that it can take a short while for this to actually happen. However if you are a STH it really is a no brainer, it is a fantastic facility at the ground.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I used it first few games of 11/12 season, buts its such a pain topping it up I haven't been bothered, if you could use PayPal to top it up I'd use it more

It takes seconds to top up. Honest, even an old git can do it.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I might start using it this season, but last season I went to add some credit to it online and it had someone elses details, so I didn't trust it

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I use it all the time. Top it up just before I leave for the game and bingo!

Very easy to use and, as Hotchilidog says, it would be even better if we had e-cash only tills.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Hmm, apparently I have a balance of £15.97 on my card from January. I certainly don't remember putting that on there

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
I use it all the time. Top it up just before I leave for the game and bingo!

Very easy to use and, as Hotchilidog says, it would be even better if we had e-cash only tills.

I seem to remember that there are some tills which are e-cash and Amex cards only, which is almost as good

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
It is OK.

Works for me as Mrs G loves a bargain - the more pies and Harveys I buy on a matchday, the more we are saving...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Forgot about auto top up

Is brilliant - I have mine set at so £30 gets put on the card when the balance falls below £10 and it reloads cash almost instantly - ie if you don't quite have enough on your card you pay for part of it then by the time you do the second transaction the cash is there

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
Hmm, apparently I have a balance of £15.97 on my card from January. I certainly don't remember putting that on there

That has just reminded me. A duplicate payment was taken whe I topped up last season and the club have still not refunded me, despite me sending in my credit card statement

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here