Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Dobbie actually signed for them yet?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I may have missed it, in fact its likely that I have, but is he still ours?... or has the deal actually been finalised now?

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
He officially becomes a CPFC player on 1st July

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Great news all round.

We get rid of a player who simply doesn't work for us. We get him off the wages AND we get a decent fee from Palace for him.

They, meanwhile, are obliged to hand over cash for a player who's absolute top level is Championship, who has already failed in the Premier League with Swansea and Blackpool, and who will expensively sit in their reserves for the next couple of years.

That is the kind of deal I like us making with them.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I bet he is ENTHUSIASTIC about this.

Who wouldn't be enthusiastic about the possibility of sitting on the bench at Selhurst Park for the next year? I imagine it's only marginally more comfortable than the seats in the Arthur Wait (though with a slightly less noticeable smell of piss).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Who wouldn't be enthusiastic about the possibility of sitting on the bench at Selhurst Park for the next year? I imagine it's only marginally more comfortable than the seats in the Arthur Wait (though with a slightly less noticeable smell of piss).

Except when George Burley was there.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Great news all round.

We get rid of a player who simply doesn't work for us. We get him off the wages AND we get a decent fee from Palace for him.

They, meanwhile, are obliged to hand over cash for a player who's absolute top level is Championship, who has already failed in the Premier League with Swansea and Blackpool, and who will expensively sit in their reserves for the next couple of years.

I think its a shame. Dobbie has class about him, but like CMS clearly doesn't fit into Poyets system.

I think he would have been a huge asset under a new manager.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Strange if you get a new manager he might of been able to get the best out of him?
From a palace point he can alway be loaned out again if he can't hack it

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think its a shame. Dobbie has class about him, but like CMS clearly doesn't fit into Poyets system.

I think he would have been a huge asset under a new manager.

this......Dobbie proved he can play at this level and only wasn't really used in Poyet's version of football...but without speculating it appears he( Poyet) is on his way, so shirley he should be kept on until at least we have a replacement manager who can look at all the players and see if he will fit in?

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013
If he never kicks a ball again I'll always be grateful to Dobbie. Was class in the closing stages of the season and we wouldn't have made the playoffs without him.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Great news all round.

Yes agreed. Come to think of it when did Dobbie actually last play regularly for his parent club?. He was at Swansea for quite a while, but nearly all his football was played on loan for Hollogay at Blackpool.

Nathaniel10

Sep 27, 2012
Yes Dobbie is now a Premier League player and I think he will see that as an upward move in terms of his career don't you. Oh can you also please tell me whether Gordon Greer has been discharged from his counselling sessions follwing young Wilfs mudering of him when we made you look stupid in front of the nation....

Cheers

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Yes Dobbie is now a Premier League player and I think he will see that as an upward move in terms of his career don't you. Oh can you also please tell me whether Gordon Greer has been discharged from his counselling sessions follwing young Wilfs mudering of him when we made you look stupid in front of the nation....

Cheers

Dobbie was bought by us from a premier league team who know he's not a premier league player, still you carry on poppet x

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012

Cheers
Your team will be mudered and made to look stupid every week next season....perhaps Greer could recommend someone to you.

:)

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I dont really understand the hatred shown by Brighton fans about Dobbie..I thought he looked a neat and tidy player with a cracking shot on him TBH, some players just dont fit into teams but that doesnt make them bad!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here