stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Our first 3 fixtures will NOT be broadcast on sky. :clap2:

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
And Sky are still insisting on showing Leeds games. Thought they would have learned a lesson after last season when it seemed like every other game they played was on tv.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
We may well be on S4C though for the Crappy Old Cup game game against Newport?... Which can only be a good thing if the match tickets are gonna be over £15.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
And Sky are still insisting on showing Leeds games. Thought they would have learned a lesson after last season when it seemed like every other game they played was on tv.

Learned what lesson? Leeds ARE traditionally a very big club, with a larger support base than most teams in the Champ. Therefore, they get more Sky games. It's not rocket science, it's logic.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Not too upset, the only time I like us to be on SKY is if I can't make the game or am on holiday, also I'd much rather we were on SKY away from home.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
If we had the history, tradition and fanbase spread across the country that Leeds have then we'd be on television far more.

They are the biggest club in the Championship so get the most television games - see Manchester United in the Premier League.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
It's more about the love-in with Leicester - they were ALWAYS on TV last season it seemed, except when playing us of course.

Accrington vs Portsmouth - mmmm what a game :facepalm:

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I wonder if they will show Yeovil Vs QPR, they always love a game where an ex-premier league club are 'forced' to go to a minnow in the championship to show how far they have fallen.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
In terms of nationally affliated supporters club membership, Leeds are something like the 4th biggest club in the country. That's why they fill the away end down here for a Friday night game on television.

The pubs want their beer sold, and they do this by showing live sport. Leeds on telly will bring punters into pubs all over the country. For that reason, Sky will show the games that the pubs want shown because they pay a lot of money for Sky Sports.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand

It's because they're a BIG club innit! :dunce:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
If we had the history, tradition and fanbase spread across the country that Leeds have then we'd be on television far more.

They are the biggest club in the World so get the most television games - see Manchester United in the Premier League.

Corrected your post :moo:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here