Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's G-Day!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Apparently the meeting will take place away from The Amex. Maybe our promised land has become an away game for Gus?

Feb 28, 2006
Eastleigh
The bloke is a fool. He had a great job in fantastic surroundings with full support of the man that employed him. All he had to do was stop bitching himself out to any premier league team and concentrate on getting us there. A complete fool and I can't wait for them to say he is gone now. We move on, managers will be scrambling over each other to get this job. Fact!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Knowing the Albion it's probably not even D day let alone G. Don't be surprised if its another no news day and we wait another agonising 24,48,72 hrs etc.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
What could the G also stand for? Gag? Glorious? Gesticulate?

D

Deleted member 2719

The bloke is a fool. He had a great job in fantastic surroundings with full support of the man that employed him. All he had to do was stop bitching himself out to any premier league team and concentrate on getting us there. A complete fool and I can't wait for them to say he is gone now. We move on, managers will be scrambling over each other to get this job. Fact!

So true, he probably even had 90% of the fans backing him, i wonder if he will learn by it, i suspect not........ he is always right.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

I am actually quite excited by the prospect of a new manager, it always freshens things up.....the king is dead, long live the king.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Gonner?
EDIT meant to quote Dougdeep!!!!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

Gus clearly suffers from delusions of grandeur. Self confidence is one thing but this guy is on a different planet. The amount of clubs he has been linked to is eye-boggling...Chelsea, Everton, Wigan, Fulham, Reading, Wolves, Leeds...the list goes on. He has successfully courted the media to the extent that he is their new darling. Outside of BHA he is always being talked about. Neutrals say.." You've got a really good manager there...wish we had him "
So..right in the media spotlight and rated highly. There must be a queue of club chairmen out there salivating at the prospect of hiring this new, talented kid on the block. TB must be fighting them off. They all want to get their hands on this hot property.
Well....apparently not. Where is the rush to secure his services? We all thought we would be trampled in the stampede.
Has the penny dropped out there? Have enough seeds of doubt been sown to frighten people away? Is he not all he is cracked up to be? Perhaps the Emperor has no clothes after all. Has the incessant talking finally worn everyone down ( he wasn't nicknamed ' radio ' for nothing in his playing days ) Is he more empty vessel than luxury liner? Have eyes been opened by the comments of Vicente? Do we respect his judgement ( 38 full caps for Spain, 50+ representative honours, la Liga titles, legendary status at Valencia....decent club, after all )...clearly and simply doesn't rate the man. Has he got an axe to grind or should we take more notice of this man than anybody?
Time for Gus to take his next chance and prove he has what it takes.
" Taxi "
" Taxi "

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
So true, he probably even had 90% of the fans backing him, i wonder if he will learn by it, i suspect not........ he is always right.

Only 90%? I'd have thought even more than that. The moaners on here make a lot of noise but don't represent anybody that I know.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Interesting bit in the Argus this morning says that they understand "No financial offer has been made to settle his dispute and sever his ties with the club".

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Well good luck to Gus, Bloom and Barber. I hope they can settle this now.

:)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If it is being held away from the Amex, thats a good move. The first meeting for Monday came and went away from the media scrum due to the secrecy, this meeting would not be so lucky.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Just a feeling no more, but i dont think gus and his team will show, citing prejudgement, unhappy with make up of panel etc. Club will sack and gus will sue, but being media savvy we will hear from him bout it being unfair, i was about to sign messi on quid a week and club said no etc. Heaps pressure on the club since we know how many out there take his word as fact. Will we then settle prior to court case.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here