Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boxing Day Away again

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Coincidence or contrived? 2009 Orient last BD home game! After last seasons debacle over travel or whatever, would appear the FL have maybe 'programmed' us for away again possibly? Personally a bit gutted because I love Charlton away but with family commitments, practically impossible for me to attend on BD :(

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Did they not tell us that after last year 'we could kiss goodbye to Boxing Day home games for the next few years'?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
It was never going to be a Boxing Day home game.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Clearly this is a deliberate arrangement. I feel for the OP, as Charlton away is my favourite away day, and I can't think of a beter way to spend Boxing Day.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Clearly this is a deliberate arrangement. I feel for the OP, as Charlton away is my favourite away day, and I can't think of a beter way to spend Boxing Day.

Neither can I . Personally I love boxing day away games.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I love Charlton away but with family commitments, practically impossible for me to attend on BD :(

Agree. But Boxing Day is a waste of this fixture with no trains and few pubs open. Shame they didn't waste Boxing Day on Millwall instead.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
It's the next best thing to a home game really. You'll be back in time for a trivial pursuit.

goldie31

Sep 29, 2011
Boxing day is one of my favourite days in the calender. Be a good day out, and get away from the inlaws for a bit

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
It's the next best thing to a home game really. You'll be back in time for a trivial pursuit.

That's the big drama MG, I'm absolutely shite at Geography & the cheese in question usually comes around about 1750 ish. Cutting it fine to be honest :)

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Coincidence or contrived? 2009 Orient last BD home game! After last seasons debacle over travel or whatever, would appear the FL have maybe 'programmed' us for away again possibly? Personally a bit gutted because I love Charlton away but with family commitments, practically impossible for me to attend on BD :(

We were given a home game last year. Only makes sense that its away this time.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Very much agree! Gutted my favourite away of the year is on Boxing Day!

Borough Market for lunch, a few Thames side ales, football then onto the Meantime pubs.....boooooo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here