Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Gus ask for Extension??

EricYoung59

Jul 8, 2012
I'm preparing myself tomorrow for announcement that Gus and his advisors have asked for meeting to be deferred based on the volume of paper they need to review. My mind might be playing tricks now, but somewhere didn't I read the INITIAL report contained appendices running to 500 pages??:shit::shit:

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
If he does, I expect the request to be rejected. If Gus doesn't turn up I expect the meeting will go ahead without him and a decision be made.....communicated Friday or Monday....but I'm just guessing.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Would not be surprised if he did but believe the club will go ahead without him as they can

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Good God, I thought you meant contract extension! I thought you'd gone crazy!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Possible.

But when he was on BBC for Uraguay v Spain rather than preparing his defence, he did say that it should be over this week.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'd imagine there will be a degree of negotiation.

Not sure about an extension. I imagine the club will start from a position of a gazebo. Gus may hold out for a patio, the club bargaining him down to a large shed.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I'm preparing myself tomorrow for announcement that Gus and his advisors have asked for meeting to be deferred based on the volume of paper they need to review. My mind might be playing tricks now, but somewhere didn't I read the INITIAL report contained appendices running to 500 pages??:shit::shit:

Most of those 500 pages are likely to be things that Poyet already has in his possession. Things like his and his management team's contracts. Or do you think there are 500 pages of allegations? :ffsparr:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I feel what is done in the bedroom should stay in the bedroom. I'm not wanting to pry in to Gus's personal life.

And he will find plenty of adverts for techniques and treatment about extension if he looks at the right sort of websites.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
He will probably ask, to try and drag it into next week(when players are due back) or he just won't turn up again. In which case I fully expect the club to proceed in his absence. Pre season starts Monday and I 100% expect Poyet's dismissal to be confirmed by then and maybe even a new man waiting with his whistle, as it were.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Club have already said tomorrow is Gus' final chance to attend his hearing. That's it. No more delays. Bye bye Gus.

EricYoung59

Jul 8, 2012
Most of those 500 pages are likely to be things that Poyet already has in his possession. Things like his and his management team's contracts. Or do you think there are 500 pages of allegations? :ffsparr:

No I think your point is fair. The issues will be in a couple of pages in a summary at the front of the report. However, the basis of these conclusions maybe based on pages within the 500. My concern was the word "initial" I wondered whether this was just clumsy wording in a report or, there could be subsequent reports ......

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
As long as we offer him use of the swivel chair, the automatic bottle opener and the secret ratatouille recipe I don't see a problem done and dusted by 5.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
its in his interest to go quuick as he will be unemployed for along time if he hangs around. No chairman will take a chance on him

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He will sit back and make it run and run if he can. But he's a fool to mess with the Lizard.

TonyBloom

Jun 9, 2013
Between you and me guys im trying to get Ole Gunnar Solskjaer here we us. Ole has a super personality which will shine brightly becoming very effective here at Brighton. Having previous players been used to Gus not only will the players actually perform to there highest potential abilities under Ole they will also enjoy there time here at Brighton FC.

Just like I advise people when asked for poker tips I reply "be Patient."

Tony Bloom

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here