Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why do people insist on leaving their rubbish bags outside the full communal bins?

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
Is it really so terrible to leave the bags inside your house until this strike is over? Just double/triple bag it if the smell is a worry!

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
- People don't want rubbish bags in their houses - especially on hot days.
- Most of the places with communal bins are areas with flats. Most flats don't have much space.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Brilliant!!

I see the council have put massive dumpster bins along western road to contain some of the rubbish.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Parts of Brighton are usually a rubbish strewn tip anyway thanks to people putting their rubbish out on the wrong day and feeding the Seagulls and the Foxes. Once a black bag has been split open I don't think I have ever seen a householder cleaning it up, it's just ignored and allowed to be blown up and down the road till it's gone.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We can now hardly sing 'I want to go home... Leeds is a shithole...' etc.

Thanks to council lunacy the centre of Brighton must now be the biggest 'shithole' in the UK.

rdigs24

Southampton seagull
Jan 21, 2012
Southampton
We can now hardly sing 'I want to go home... Leeds is a shithole...' etc.

Thanks to council lunacy the centre of Brighton must now be the biggest 'shithole' in the UK.

You've not quite caught up with Southampton yet. We had our Bin strike last summer which resulted in millions of bin bags being stacked up on grass in the less salubrious areas of the place. Some of the local chavs decided it would be a good idea to set fire to these:tosser:

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
We are doing ok around our way. There is no rubbish in the streets yet and householders seem to be doing a good job of keeping waste to a minimum. As soon as you leave the block though there is rubbish everywhere.

I would imagine some of the lower class areas like Moulscombe and Whitehawk are having problems though with people who don't care what their neighbourhood looks like.

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
We are doing ok around our way. There is no rubbish in the streets yet and householders seem to be doing a good job of keeping waste to a minimum. As soon as you leave the block though there is rubbish everywhere.

I would imagine some of the lower class areas like Moulscombe and Whitehawk are having problems though with people who don't care what their neighbourhood looks like.

RTSP winces, and then hides while waiting for the binfest.......

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009

One knows what one means. Yesterday I told Brabinger to take our household waste produce to the local civic amenity - in the Range Rover mind, not in the Bentley. I instructed him NOT to mix our waste with any of the rubbish from these places which might be there. One has standards to maintain, you know. More tea, vicar?

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Brighton, Leicester and Palace playing in a pre-season summer tournament together?
Well its taken 7000 posts but at last you post one worth reading!!! That's quite funny for you :lol: :thumbsup:

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Is it really so terrible to leave the bags inside your house until this strike is over? Just double/triple bag it if the smell is a worry!

Bit of an iceberg scenario really - The bags and mess it creates is a daily visual reminder of how important rubbish collection is, to us and the council.
No visual impact, no problem, no solution.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
- People don't want rubbish bags in their houses - especially on hot days.
- Most of the places with communal bins are areas with flats. Most flats don't have much space.

But people are idiots unfortunately. Rather than do something proactive with their tiny minds, like even try to get hold of some large boxes to put beside the communal bins, then triple bag their waste, they just throw flimsy carrier bags and shitty tesco value 2 microns thick bin liners in a pile so that their own street stinks of shit and is infested with rats.

Are we really that dependent that we lose bin collections for 1 week and the bloody city goes into melt down. It's pathetic. It shows how desperately dependent many people are. No doubt the same bloody people who complain about paying council tax in the first place.

Glad to see some communities have actually got off their arses, and together have sorted temporary measures out.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The mattresses and tvs also annoy me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here