Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Karl Robinson - Thoughts?

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I think he ticks all the boxes.

What would NSC think of Karl Robinson becoming our next manager.

I know he's not the experienced premier/championship manager some would want, but if the club went for an up and coming manager, what would you think if he become our next manager? 33-1 at the moment as well!!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Why? Seems like he's a media fav because of his age maybe ... other than that he's done nothing of any note whatsoever. Harley would no doubt be chuffed though!!

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
How has Robinson 'failed' with MK Dons exactly? It's not like they are one of the biggest clubs in League One who are expected to walk that division, is it? I would say their FA Cup run was what damaged their promotion challenge last season. Without the distraction of a cup run this coming season, they could well be pushing for promotion this time. Robinson seems to have done a decent job there and has got them playing good, passing football rather than some of the long ball fare that gets served up in the lower divisions.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
How has Robinson 'failed' with MK Dons exactly? It's not like they are one of the biggest clubs in League One who are expected to walk that division, is it? I would say their FA Cup run was what damaged their promotion challenge last season. Without the distraction of a cup run this coming season, they could well be pushing for promotion this time. Robinson seems to have done a decent job there and has got them playing good, passing football rather than some of the long ball fare that gets served up in the lower divisions.

I believe they have always had a reasonable budget for league one and I believe they are still there, to me that's failure.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Not failed but not succeeded either. Good passing football is debatable and irrlevant if not producing results. Cup run equally debatable, didn't impact the year before! Their budget will be certainly be larger than teams like Yeovil and others who have done better than them

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
I believe they have always had a reasonable budget for league one and I believe they are still there, to me that's failure.

Sheffield United and Preston are much bigger clubs than MK Dons and they too will start next season in League One again. By that token, they too must be failures. Having a reasonable budget alone means nothing.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I take that as a no then!!!!!!

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
But we are not talking about their managers are we.

No, but it seems strange that people regard a manager of a small club with no history of experiencing success just missing out on promotion to the Championship as major failure when much bigger clubs in that division have failed season after season. From what I can see, Robinson has made steady progress with them and got them established in the top half of League One and they should have another good season next time around and while I don't see him particularly as heir apparent to Poyet, I would imagine his chance will come at a Championship club in due course.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
No, but it seems strange that people regard a manager of a small club with no history of experiencing success just missing out on promotion to the Championship as major failure when much bigger clubs in that division have failed season after season. From what I can see, Robinson has made steady progress with them and got them established in the top half of League One and they should have another good season next time around and while I don't see him particularly as heir apparent to Poyet, I would imagine his chance will come at a Championship club in due course.

We can do way better than him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here