Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Metallica!

Cars

Feb 13, 2012
Haywards Heath
Agreed, it's a very good song. Shame Lars Ulrich is such a prize ****.

You should watch Metallica live at download I think, with Joey Jordison of Slipknot filling in. As Lars was ill, so Metallica with no Lars, win win

Cracking drummer that Joey Jordison, I do like Lars though, he had flair in the 80's

Drimble Wedge

Apr 20, 2013
Seven Dials
Good shout. Its right up there with Fade to Black and Unforgiven. They've become a bit of a cabaret act these days and Hetfield carries himself about like more of a motivational speaker than a frontman, but their live shows still wipe the floor with the majority of other hard rock/metal acts around.
(just sayin...)

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
Had my iPod on shuffle the other day and it chose Four Horsemen live in Paris. Now that's a song...

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
You should watch Metallica live at download I think, with Joey Jordison of Slipknot filling in. As Lars was ill, so Metallica with no Lars, win win

Cracking drummer that Joey Jordison, I do like Lars though, he had flair in the 80's

I was reluctant to post again as my first post in this thread, I noticed, was my 666th!...

Pretty bloody apposite on a Metallica thread if you ask me, my 666th post, but, yeah, now that I've accepted the fact that I will probably want to post again, I'll check that out too.

Thanks for the tip.

And, yes, Lars was flair in the '80s but he's been shown to be a full-on hypocrite. In their early days Metallica used to tell their fans to make copies of their albums and share them with their friends. That's one of the ways they got so big. Cut to 20 years later and he's personally suing Napster and other private individuals for sharing his music. You really want to sue your own fans for liking your music? Lars, that makes you an idiot.. and a hypocrite.

Cars

Feb 13, 2012
Haywards Heath
I was reluctant to post again as my first post in this thread, I noticed, was my 666th!...

Pretty bloody apposite on a Metallica thread if you ask me, my 666th post, but, yeah, now that I've accepted the fact that I will probably want to post again, I'll check that out too.

Thanks for the tip.

And, yes, Lars was flair in the '80s but he's been shown to be a full-on hypocrite. In their early days Metallica used to tell their fans to make copies of their albums and share them with their friends. That's one of the ways they got so big. Cut to 20 years later and he's personally suing Napster and other private individuals for sharing his music. You really want to sue your own fans for liking your music? Lars, that makes you an idiot.. and a hypocrite.

Agree with that completely, all about the money now....

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The die hard Metallica fans will no doubt crucify me, but I think Enter Sandman is a darn good (albeit commercial) rock song. I once owned Master of Puppets but disliked it. Recently I've listened again and it seems a lot tamer than I remember.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Its good... but its no 'Nothing Else Matters'.

Metallica certainly remind me of my college years, brings back good memories.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here