Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the dirtiest/weridest thing you've spotted on the streets of Brighton this week.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
With the Binmen on strike and the mass of crap all over the streets, I have seen plenty of rubbish.

However on the way to work this morning I saw a Pigeon pecking at a shitty nappy! lovely stuff! :banana:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Not much change in the condition of Upper Lewes Road, but, this morning the little road past St. Barts School near the Sainsbury's looked like Beirut.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Not by me personally, but this was in the Argus today:

Rubbish continues to build up across the city with reports of homeless people taking it upon themselves to clean the streets.

Resident Angela Cowling, spotted the group cleaning on Western Road.

She said: “I, for one among several while we were waiting at a bus stop, gave money to the cleaning group and I will pay them every time I see them in Brighton.”

A nearby shop worker, who asked not to be named, added: “It's been really heart warming to see. They were saying that they need to sleep in the streets and they want them to be clean.

“They're using the bin bags and going up and down the street picking up litter. After a bit people have started to give them money.

“But they've been going up and down all day and I think it's fantastic.”

-----------------------

Would put this in the weird category.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not by me personally, but this was in the Argus today:

Rubbish continues to build up across the city with reports of homeless people taking it upon themselves to clean the streets.

Resident Angela Cowling, spotted the group cleaning on Western Road.

She said: “I, for one among several while we were waiting at a bus stop, gave money to the cleaning group and I will pay them every time I see them in Brighton.”

A nearby shop worker, who asked not to be named, added: “It's been really heart warming to see. They were saying that they need to sleep in the streets and they want them to be clean.

“They're using the bin bags and going up and down the street picking up litter. After a bit people have started to give them money.

“But they've been going up and down all day and I think it's fantastic.”

-----------------------

Would put this in the weird category.

This is a tremendous tale.

Contrast that with the striking binners stopping members of the public taking their own bags to Hollingbury tip, and calling them scum. That is a bloody disgrace.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
This is a tremendous tale.

Contrast that with the striking binners stopping members of the public taking their own bags to Hollingbury tip, and calling them scum. That is a bloody disgrace.

I know Hollingbury is a bit rough in places but since when has it been a tip ?

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I did hear that people were going to take their rubbish to the CityClean depot, which is Hollingbury. Perhaps that is where the confusuon has come from?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here