Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kinnear In, Llambias Out - Pardew Out, Gus In?...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What a 24 hours for Newcastle. With this morning's news of MD Llambias's resignation Pardew is now isolated. It was Llambias who fought Pardew's corner in showdown talks last month after their 16th place finish.

Will Pardew go before the start of the season? Looks more likely now. And there's the connections / the previous - Ashley > Kinnear > Dennis Wise > Gus Poyet, the 2 FA Cup victories over Newcastle, dealing with Newcastle re Lua Lua.

I see Gus has leapfrogged Lee Clark and McLaren in the betting, second only behind Kinnear to be the next Newcastle manager.

What a convenient turn of events it would be if Gus and his team were to replace Pardew at the Toon. Either way, Newcastle are back to being the laughing stock they always were.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
That would be absolutely perfect... They are just trying to match Sunderland by getting an overated, clueless, hothead in charge...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That would be absolutely perfect... They are just trying to match Sunderland by getting an overated, clueless, hothead in charge...

Amazing. Our best manager in decades if not ever - "clueless". Genius.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Can't see Poyet working under a Director of Football or whatever post Kinnear has got.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
And funny how those stuck up his ******** put him above our club.

He's given us plenty of reasons to be a fan of him over the last 3 and a half years. If you can't see that, you've missed out on a ****ing superb period of time for our club.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There are so many factors that slot into place, i.e. Gus's team stalling and in that time Newcastle changing their whole management structure, potentially getting Gus on the cheap if, as seems likely, the Albion are backed into a corner following the disciplinary hearing.

Even the dates are spooky. You wonder whether Newcastle have something to do with the "breach of contract", i.e. they were going to sack Pardew, they talk to the Gus's agent behind the club's back, Barber finds out about it, suspends Gus and his team on 16th May, Newcastle then hastily backtrack and arrange a meeting with Pardew on 22nd May where they " back him" whilst all the while biding their time.

In the meantime Gus ensures the Albion know he's not going quietly, taking us up to the brink of the start of the season putting extreme pressure on the Albion to do some sort of deal, meanwhile Newcastle force Pardew's hand prior to the Thursday meeting.

Maybe the approach was made in the Spring, explaining why journalists have commented on the "marked change" in Gus's demeanour? It would also explain why Gus put his house on the market in April, knowing he'd not be around to manage in the south. Lastly, it would also explain why he's come across as fairly relaxed and exchanging knowing glances with Alan Shearer on MOTD.

Probably all my imagination but this scenario does tick a lot of boxes.

Last edited:

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
Mike Ashley will do anything for Tony.
Sell me a player: Lua Lua
Lend me a goalie: Harper
Do something completely bonkers to deflect the news away from Poyetgate: Kinnear
Take our manager off our hands: no problem.

Dec 29, 2012
United Kingdom
He's given us plenty of reasons to be a fan of him over the last 3 and a half years. If you can't see that, you've missed out on a ****ing superb period of time for our club.

And tony bloom has given us a 30,500 ground and the money for poyet to build the team, you think that people are being very fickle towards poyet and that is your view. I'm in the other camp team bloom and club all day.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
In this mornings Argus, Naylor said that Xavi someone, who Gus was a teammate of at Zaragosa, and is now involved with the consortium to buy Zaragosa, said that he thought Gus was going to Newcastle.

Mad as my Mother

May 21, 2013
Dorset
There are so many factors that slot into place, i.e. Gus's team stalling and in that time Newcastle changing their whole management structure, potentially getting Gus on the cheap if, as seems likely, the Albion are backed into a corner following the disciplinary hearing.

Even the dates are spooky. You wonder whether Newcastle have something to do with the "breach of contract", i.e. they were going to sack Pardew, they talk to the Gus's agent behind the club's back, Barber finds out about it, suspends Gus and his team on 16th May, Newcastle then hastily backtrack and arrange a meeting with Pardew on 22nd May where they " back him" whilst all the while biding their time.

In the meantime Gus ensures the Albion know he's not going quietly, taking us up to the brink of the start of the season putting extreme pressure on the Albion to do some sort of deal, meanwhile Newcastle force Pardew's hand prior to the Thursday meeting.

Maybe the approach was made in the Spring, explaining why journalists have commented on the "marked change" in Gus's demeanour? It would also explain why Gus put his house on the market in April, knowing he'd not be around to manage in the south. Lastly, it would also explain why he's come across as fairly relaxed and exchanging knowing glances with Alan Shearer on MOTD.

You make some good points but unless you know something I don't (I have NO source at all) I wonder why you think we are 'backed into a corner' ?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
And funny how those stuck up his ******** put him above our club.

Seeing as you clearly know (judging by you brilliantly angry reaction to a simple post), could you please enlighten us all to what exactly are the reasons for Gus Poyet's suspension?

Surely you haven't made your mind up without knowing any of the facts?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

It's also explains that photo showing WHY HE WAS SO HAPPY TO BEAT MIDDLESBORO.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here