Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Am I the only person to know that Anchorman was gash

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
...and Anchorman 2 will be twice as bad? Never got the Will Ferrel thing. Elf was awful. HE'S JUST NOT FUNNY IS HE? These films are for people who eat at Nando's and still use Lynx.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Thank God I'm not the only one. Hated Anchorman and find Will Ferrell about as funny as Miranda Hart. i.e. not very

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I hate Nando's. But Anchorman was very funny, as this will probably be. One of those films where you can tell they had tonnes of fun filming it, and it shines through.

Steve Carrell and Will Ferrell are both very naturally funny guys, and to compare either to CBBC's Miranda Hart is like comparing Gandhi to HITLER.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I hate Nando's. But Anchorman was very funny, as this will probably be. One of those films where you can tell they had tonnes of fun filming it, and it shines through.

Steve Carrell and Will Ferrell are both very naturally funny guys, and to compare either to CBBC's Miranda Hart is like comparing Gandhi to HITLER.

You know one of those things where you just cannot see it, I just don't get how either of those people are funny.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Who do you consider funny in the films?

As far as I can remember I can't think of one person that is consistently funny. Most comedians give a great performance every once in a while. Except Will Ferrel.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You know one of those things where you just cannot see it, I just don't get how either of those people are funny.

Never found Carell funny in the American Office? I acknowledge it's quite a brash, in your face humour that is juvenile at times, I'm guessing you're not a fan of The Hangover or South Park either?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Never found Carell funny in the American Office? I acknowledge it's quite a brash, in your face humour that is juvenile at times, I'm guessing you're not a fan of The Hangover or South Park either?

South Park can be funny but that has some wit behind it, Will Ferrel staring into camera and pulling a gormless face just doesn't cut the mustard for me I'm afraid. Steve Carrel was very good in Dan In Real Life when he wasn't trying to be Mr "Look, Funny. Everyone, look, I'm a wacky guy being Funny. Aren't I? See Funny guys. Funny?"

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
How DARE you, Elf is a CLASSIC.

What films do you find funny Nibble?

Well, the ones that did it before only better. Plains, trains and Automobiles for example. Of late, I found In Bruges very funny.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Well comedy as a film genre means most people tend to have a comedian actor who suits their style of humour and they will tend to enjoy their films.

Well, as I explained. I don't. You live in Australia, the chances of you knowing much about comedy are slim at best.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I'm in a glass cage of emotion....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here