Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone got copies of 'Seagull News' magazine from the 1990s?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
OK, this is possibly a long shot.... I'm just doing some research to help me put together the 1990s section of the Seagulls TV website. And I wanted to have a read of some copies of 'Seagulls News.'

It looked like this:

seagullsnews.jpg

24 A4 pages. Lots of Albion community news and some colour photos of some games. Pretty decent read. May have been given away with the local paper but says 80p on the cover. Does anyone remember them? And has anyone got any of these to hand?

Thanks!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I take that as a no, then! :)

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It never existed. I've got copies of the broadsheet newspaper-sized one from the late 80s, but that one above is just a figment of the imagination.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Im sure there were a couple issued thinking about it with the old Gully.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
looks familiar, will have a butchers in my loft later and let you know.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
From memory, there were a few issues done. I will have whatever issues exist, but unfortunately they are in storage in the UK.

I can get back to you in a few years, if that's any help :shrug:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Why don't you ask Tim Carder?

I doubt Tim will have much time to hunt for these so if I can locate some without his help, so much the better. But I will ask him as a last resort.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
looks familiar, will have a butchers in my loft later and let you know.

Thanks. And if you find any other interesting Albion stuff, please let us know :)

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I don't remember that one, but I do recall the club publishing a slim newspaper type thing around the late 1980s. May have been an earlier incarnation of that- I remember it as being the same size as a tabloid newspaper (thinner, obviously). It was where we first saw the artist's impressions of the amazing proposed new stadium at Waterhall...

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
OK, this is possibly a long shot.... I'm just doing some research to help me put together the 1990s section of the Seagulls TV website. And I wanted to have a read of some copies of 'Seagulls News.'

It looked like this:

seagullsnews.jpg

24 A4 pages. Lots of Albion community news and some colour photos of some games. Pretty decent read. May have been given away with the local paper but says 80p on the cover. Does anyone remember them? And has anyone got any of these to hand?

Thanks!
Yep. Have them. Pm me and will sort things out.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I don't remember that one, but I do recall the club publishing a slim newspaper type thing around the late 1980s. May have been an earlier incarnation of that- I remember it as being the same size as a tabloid newspaper (thinner, obviously). It was where we first saw the artist's impressions of the amazing proposed new stadium at Waterhall...

Mmm... I'd be interested in seeing what these looked like again. If I remember correctly, the layout on the cover was similar to that of a newspaper too. It may have evolved from the Lifeline insert in the match programme which, amongst other activity, invited fans to set up a direct debit to donate £30 or so to the club each month. I wonder if Lifeline is still going!

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria

It looked like this:

seagullsnews.jpg

Thanks!
Believe I have in collection , maybe 2 even , will check when at Mum and Dads for you matey

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I had the mock up ones, which was the paper with the initial stories, one on Edward David, Sergei Gotsmanov and even Marageret Sanderson putting football kits out on a washing line, but rack feature had about three full paragraphs and then went into some foreign language, Latin I believe, which was what printers patently did back then with dry runs.. Sorry Mr Rapper but they went to the tip.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I have a couple of copies of that edition and was told at the time that it was the intention that it would become a regular magazine. I know there was at least one further edition as it featured my kids playing football, but copy is with the ex!
The summer edition was produced after the play off final and featured:
An introduction to Gully
A new membership deal!
An artist's impression of a new 20,000 all seater stadium
Start of using Sussex uni for regular training
Pics from the play offs
Award to Fordy from football trust for Community Devt scheme
Feature on John Shepherd

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills