Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First time part 3 (gigs)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Genesis at the Dome. 70p. Foxtrot. Mental.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
ACDC at the Cambridge Corn Exchange. Then Dr Feelgood the following week, and The Clash the week after that. I was quickly addicted to live music.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Rainbow at the Cornwall Coliseum in St Austell in 1983(?) - the 'Bent Out of Shape' tour. It was a school trip. I had some cool teachers :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Motorhead @ Worthing - wot?

T'was pretty tame, with a mate and his older brother stood there listening to the music.

Went back a couple of years later and more importantly a couple of years older.
Had 3 pints of Barley Wine and 1080 cider snakebites and had a cracking night.

Nearly died, but a cracking night.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I think i travelled to London in 1985 to see someone like Schoolly D at the Town and Country club before it became the Forum. I was 10 and my brother 12 and we saw ourselves as pioneers of the Hip Hop movement in Brighton. All i remember is the greyness of London and seeing the Wee Papa Girl Rappers as support, i think. It was a daytime gig.

Genesis at the Dome. 70p. Foxtrot. Mental.

Hmmm........this takes me back. Part of the Great Charisma (Records) Tour wasn't it - three different bands at the Dome on two consecutive weeks for 70p a pop? I've spent the last hour trying to remember the other five - definitely Lindisfarne, Van der Graaf Generator, Audience and probably Hawkwind but I'm stumped on the sixth - could have been The Nice but I'd have remembered shirley.

Anyway, my gambit is April 1969 - Led Zeppelin at The Toby Jug, Tolworth.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Haircut 100 at the Brighton Centre, can't remember the year ;-) Me and mate went with 6 girls, good night if I remember rightly :)

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Status Quo, Brighton Centre, 1976
Got given tickets, not a fan but they were really good live.
We were close to a bank of speakers all night.
Couldn't hear properly for a couple of days after.

Kosmonaut

Proud Hoveonian
Feb 10, 2013
Hove
Some local ska punk band, can't even remember their name, but spent the next day with constantly ringing ears.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
In either 1970 or 1971 there were 2 concerts on consecutive weeks sponsored by the Charisma label at The Dome. They featured Genesis, Every which way, Rare bird, Lindisfarne, Audience & Van Der Graff Generator. The ticket price was 30p each concert! I went to both of them. When The Stones played at The Big Apple on 10th March 1971 during the 'Sticky fingers' tour, the tickets were 80p. The Groundhogs were the support band.
Why is it I can remember things like that, but don't have a clue what I had for supper last night?!!

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Meat Loaf, 1984 at the Centre.

As to Motorhead, 87/88 in Worthing, I saw them in Newcastle City Hall on that tour! But I've seem them at the Assembly Halls on a few tours.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here