Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwegian air

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Just come back from two days in Stockholm on business, hells bells tat place is bloody expensive, anyway work booked me Norwegian air as I wanted gatwick not heathrow where they book us BA.

If you want a decent cheap alternative that are bloody efficient , give them ago. Beats easy jet and Ryan air into a cocked hat.

Food is pretty good on there too.

:guitar:

scooter1

How soon is now?
I was going to use this airline as they go to Malaga from Gatwick, but the times were a bit off and we plumped for BA. Another airline I'd recommend is Aer Lingus. I used to use them a lot to get back to Spain when I lived there as they were cheap and effiecent. However, for punctuality I'd give Swiss Air a swerve

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Will second that. Used Norwegian several times to Gothenburg.

If you think Stockholm's expensive, try Olso!!

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Stockholm is a killer financially.......wow.......at the central bus station they wanted £2.50 to take a shit.....i only had tickets home and that meant a £20 ATM withdraw, plus charges - £24 for a shit!!! no way.....i went for a walk and found a cafe where i slipped into the toilets.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
They get a big thumbs up from me and I use them a lot. They time their Bergen - Gatwick flight so you can go to the airport straight from work, take the flight, and be sitting in a pub with your mates by 9pm. Perfect.

DanielT

Norwegian is a great airline. My wife's from Stockholm and we fly there a lot.

You're right about expensive. Food shopping is ridiculously expensive. Paying for the toilet is my biggest bugbear! 5kr minimum even in mcDs!

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Used them once and was most impressed. Cheaper and way way way nicer than Ryanair or Easyjet. Recommended.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Norwegian is a great airline. My wife's from Stockholm and we fly there a lot.

You're right about expensive. Food shopping is ridiculously expensive. Paying for the toilet is my biggest bugbear! 5kr minimum even in mcDs!

Being forced to put your coat in a pub cloakroom and paying for the privilege is my biggest Swedish bugbear (the wife aside)!!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Stockholm is a killer financially.......wow.......at the central bus station they wanted £2.50 to take a shit.....i only had tickets home and that meant a £20 ATM withdraw, plus charges - £24 for a shit!!! no way.....i went for a walk and found a cafe where i slipped into the toilets.

Expensive yes, but what a great city, I love Stockholm especially in the summer.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I love Stockholm, been a few times and would go back at a drop of a hat. I did have to cancel a flight back once and cheapest was Norwegian at last minute (well 2 days) and it was stupid expensive about £500. This will NOT put me off, love Stockholm.

CC2

Nov 9, 2008
They are excellent, always on time (in my experience), free WiFi on board, and the hostesses all seem to wear leather FMB's and leather gloves....

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Just come back from two days in Stockholm on business, hells bells tat place is bloody expensive, anyway work booked me Norwegian air as I wanted gatwick not heathrow where they book us BA.

If you want a decent cheap alternative that are bloody efficient , give them ago. Beats easy jet and Ryan air into a cocked hat.

Food is pretty good on there too.

:guitar:

Agree with all this. Flew from Helsinki to Gatwick with them last summer.
Also love Stockholm. Was there also last summer and have previously been there in mid winter. Went up through the islands on an ice breaker.
Great city. Also enjoyed Copenhagen, Oslo and Helsinki, but as said all very expensive.

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
They are excellent, always on time (in my experience), free WiFi on board, and the hostesses all seem to wear leather FMB's and leather gloves....

Just out of interest whats the wifi like onboard? Reliable etc... Flying to Alicante with them soon with my lad who will no doubt be glued to his iphone (like his dad) :)

Thanks !

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
We're flying them back from Gran Canaria via Stockholm, which is a very roundabout way of getting to Gatwick! but the hundreds of pounds we're saving between the four of us makes the inconvenience well worth it.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
I just priced up a flight for 2 to Alicante at 1000, booked easy jet last night all in for 250.

How can this be cheaper, am I missing something.

I was in Stockholm a couple of months ago, and had a great time. It's a beautiful city but, as many people have said, very expensive - beer there was 7 quid a pint. I can thoroughly recommend the yacht hotel (Malardrottningen) which is moored off Riddarholmen, which is part of the old city. It has been preserved in the original 1920s style and was once owned by the Woolworths heiress Barbara Hutton - now owned privately as a floating hotel.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here