Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your biggest Albion underachiever

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
For me it has to be Kieran O Reagan, when he broke into the side in 1983 he was shit hot, I know he had his fair share of bad luck but I felt he clearly underachieved before departing the Goldstone.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
David Gipp.....150 goals at youth and reserve team level, but not given a sniff in the first team. Yes he was small (5'7") but he knew where the net was. Shame.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Robert Codner. I was mesmerized by his talent. I remember (as a 10 year old) being annoyed by someone shouting "Get stuck in, you big fairy".

Part of me wants to say CKR, but I don't think his ego could handle it (if he read this).

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Paul Kitson?

Or perhaps Mark Farrington. Cost a lot of money by the Albion's standards of the day and was hopeless.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Would it be heresy to say Vicente?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Jason Peake - 120k for a 4th division player in 1996! And he was shit for us.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Robert Codner. I was mesmerized by his talent. I remember (as a 10 year old) being annoyed by someone shouting "Get stuck in, you big fairy".

Part of me wants to say CKR, but I don't think his ego could handle it (if he read this).

I was gonna say Codner. He was a tart, Harley too. Dobbie must be in with a shout too!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Mark Gail - due to injury. Amazing talent cruelly cut short.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Bryan Wade, 4 goals against the Geordies and never to be seen again.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
McGarrigle (sp) was touted in 442 magazine s a hot prospect, never made it sadly.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Bryan Wade, 4 goals against the Geordies and never to be seen again.

Ha ha yes we were only talking about him last night. Still not convinced he ever signed for us but turned up at 7.30 pulled on a shirt ran out scored four goals and disappeared just after the final whistle never to be seen again! Like some football marvel comic creation, a soccer ninja!!

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Jake Robinson had loads of potential, scored an away hatrick at Huddersfield, but never consistently delivered.

Vicente definitely in patches or spells the most naturally gifted footballer I've ever seen play for the Albion but quite often flattered to deceive.

Paul Kitson came with a big reputation but injuries and laziness were his two biggest drawbacks.

Jamie Moralee was the late nineties Paul Kitson.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here