J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
haven't been on a long haul for about 20 years

so it's Easyjet for me

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Skytrax "ratings" are bollox. Their ten worst [whatever] lists regularly include airlines that don't even exist anymore and its widely accepted that if you want five star, you pay for it.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Love Emirates.
Asked for a window seat from Dubai to Brisbane and the lovely lady gave me a business seat.

Will be flying with again!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I have heared they are very good, but I was only thinking yesterday how much they spend on advertising and sponsorship around the world, its millions. I thought profit margins on airlines was very fine, it must be extra Arab money pumped in. They have the naming rights on many stadiums around the world and they were all over the French open recently.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I have heared they are very good, but I was only thinking yesterday how much they spend on advertising and sponsorship around the world, its millions. I thought profit margins on airlines was very fine, it must be extra Arab money pumped in. They have the naming rights on many stadiums around the world and they were all over the French open recently.

Massive investment, interest-free credit, can pay lower wages that get seen by staff as good due to 0% income tax, etc. The one thing they don't benefit from surreally is cheaper fuel - its untaxed for aviation worldwide and they do half their uplift abroad anyway.

Being able to get new aircraft reduces operating costs hugely, both reliability (parts/labour/downtime) and fuel consumption.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Singapore airlines is my choice. Emirates is ok, but I hate Dubai airport which is Emirates hub. Singapore airport as a transfer hub is lovely.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Having flown with Thai, Emirates and Qantas before on long haul flights I'd have to go with Thai Airways. Never had any issues with them and were extremely helpful when I flew from Australia to England alone when I was 13 and again when I was 15. My father flies with them about 5/6 times a year and has never had any major issues as well.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
United for me (formerly Continental before the merger).

America and back 5 times, never a problem.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
United for me (formerly Continental before the merger).

America and back 5 times, never a problem.

Now thats a surprise, I too have flown united on many occasions and they were awful each time. There was a thread on here about united, or airlines generally, and most agreed.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Etihad are pretty close as a comparison to Emirates! I regularly fly to Dubai and both airlines IMO are quality!!!

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Nas Air is cool. Follows the Easy Jet template to the letter. Surprising for Saudi Arabia.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Emirates and Qatar for me. Good service, decent food, in flight entertainment and great value.

Love the priority pass that Qatar give that allows you to go through VIP passport control (no queues).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here