Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thursday . . . All will be revealed

el punal

Or will it. Is it likely that there will be a conclusion, and an explanation, for this sorry saga?

I hope so, then we can get back to our normal fare of moaning about the pies, or no pies, the beers or lack of, the parking, the park and ride, the trains, the 85th minute leavers and so on.

Oh happy days!

But in the meantime I suppose that we will have to concern ourselves with a new manager (or not), a new first coach (or not), which players are staying (or not) and any new players coming in.

The joy of being an Albion fan! :rolleyes:

el punal

Or will it. Is it likely that there will be a conclusion, and an explanation, for this sorry saga?

I hope so, then we can get back to our normal fare of moaning about the pies, or no pies, the beers or lack of, the parking, the park and ride, the trains, the 85th minute leavers and so on.

Oh happy days!

But in the meantime I suppose that we will have to concern ourselves with a new manager (or not), a new first coach (or not), which players are staying (or not) and any new players coming in.

Sorry - first TEAM coach!

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing

Oh happy days!

i reckon it could go on over the weekend

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Presumably Thursday is when the evidence is discussed and then after that, Friday??, a decision is made by the club as to what action to take. If its a decision to sack then I guess this will happen Friday or over the weekend. However if both parties decide to on a different course of action then it could be drawn out by negotiations

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Thursday should be the final meeting - whether there is a conclusion then, or if there is, whether we will be told it's impossible to say.

If hearings go the way I am used to, then it won't possibly end Thursday. The hearing makes a decision and gives this to the employee, who then has the right to appeal to the next higher level of management, which I would think will be Tony Bloom in this case.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
have made a monumental decision, that unless this Oscar bloke is appointed pronto, then I cut my ties with the club.

It's a good job that you weren't around during the Archer days then. If we'd all taken the same attitude as you have now, we wouldn't have a club to support.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
have made a monumental decision, that unless this Oscar bloke is appointed pronto, then I cut my ties with the club.

il_fullxfull.250407498.jpg

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
If the club aim to continue "playing this by the book", and given the dossier of allegations against Poyet contains a 500 page appendix, and given that lawyers are involved presumably on both sides, the notion that this saga will be sorted at a one day disciplinary hearing is pie in the sky. With availability problems allied to Poyet's lawyers possibly wanting to delay and prevaricate at every opportunity to increase the pressure on the club, the chances are that the hearing process alone could take 3 or four more days to complete. A compromise agreement is the ONLY way forward and because of time pressure the club is in an ever-weakening position.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Blimey. You will only support us if you approve of the manager?

I'd even suffer the wally with the brolley, knowing he wouldn't be here forever.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Unlikely to be resolved on Thursday. I think this will run and run and run.........

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
If the club aim to continue "playing this by the book", and given the dossier of allegations against Poyet contains a 500 page appendix, and given that lawyers are involved presumably on both sides, the notion that this saga will be sorted at a one day disciplinary hearing is pie in the sky. With availability problems allied to Poyet's lawyers possibly wanting to delay and prevaricate at every opportunity to increase the pressure on the club, the chances are that the hearing process alone could take 3 or four more days to complete. A compromise agreement is the ONLY way forward and because of time pressure the club is in an ever-weakening position.

We're not taking poyet to court; we're just looking at sacking him and using the correct procedures to do so, which will minimise any chance of him taking us to court for unfair dismissal.

I reckon we'll have a new manager by the weekend.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Why do we need a manager?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
We're not taking poyet to court; we're just looking at sacking him and using the correct procedures to do so, which will minimise any chance of him taking us to court for unfair dismissal.

Believe me, a disciplinary hearing with a 500 page dossier and lawyers involved will be very like a court hearing. Poyet's lawyers will be challenging and nit picking every detail - this has all the potential to run and run.

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside

That's confidence for you but i feel there's more chance of handcuffing a ghost than this being sorted by the w/end.:down:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here