Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gordon Taylor sticks his oar in, surprise surprise

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just seen this in the Telegraph.

PFA chief executive Gordon Taylor has waded in to the bitter row at Brighton and Hove Albion, as manager Gus Poyet continues to be suspended by the club pending a disciplinary hearing.

Poyet's suspension for an alleged breach of contract began shortly after the Seagulls lost out to Crystal Palace in the Playoff semi-finals over a month ago. The Championship club has already attracted criticism from the LMA this week for the timing of the disciplinary hearing, set for yesterday, just a day after the volatile Uruguayan returned from his holiday abroad. Poyet decided not to attend the hearing, and Taylor said: "Frankly, I don't blame him. The timing of this by Brighton football club is atrocious, it shows scant regard or respect for a manager who campaigned tirelessly to help get them their new stadium, worked hard to put a decent team on the pitch for them, and then fill that ground every week".

Taylor went on. "If I've just returned from my holidays, the last thing on my mind would be football. I like to come home, unpack, put the washing on, get some shopping in, and get my photos developed at Boots. Then I go and check on my mum, and catch up with the Sky+. I would not expect to be summonsed to a kangaroo court to answer some trumped-up charges on fly-tipping".

It was pointed out to the PFA chief that although the alleged charges had not yet officially been made public, it was not thought to involve fly-tipping. "I've been misinformed then" said Taylor. "Your guy who called me said Poyet had been caught dumping a microwave and an old sofa in a skip on Lancing industrial estate. Some little bald bloke was helping him hump it out the back of a Transit - is that not what this is all about then ?".

The disciplinary hearing has been now adjourned to Thursday. Nobody at Brighton and Hove Albion was available to comment further.

Grahamtaylor.jpg

Taylor: "Atrocious".

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
"Your guy who called me said Poyet had been caught dumping a microwave and an old sofa in a skip on Lancing industrial estate. Some little bald bloke was helping him hump it out the back of a Transit - is that not what this is all about then ?"

lol

But come on, Brighton football club?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
My favorite bit was:

"The timing of this by Brighton football club is atrocious, it shows scant regard or respect for a manager who campaigned tirelessly to help get them their new stadium"

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
"If I've just returned from my holidays, the last thing on my mind would be football. I like to come home, unpack, put the washing on"

Worryingly, it was only at this point that I caught on :lolol:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
"If I've just returned from my holidays, the last thing on my mind would be football. I like to come home, unpack, put the washing on"

Worryingly, it was only at this point that I caught on :lolol:

It was the bit about taking his films to Boots that got me

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
As if anyone takes their films to Boots anymore.

Is Supasnaps still going? :)

TruPrint is easier, stick your film in the post with a cheque and they send the photos back. Sorted.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Excellent stuff. It's been AGES: great blast from the past.

3/10. Poor by your standards. Wrong Taylor as well, though I suspect that was deliberate.

Oh BOY

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here