Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

World Cup Qualifying

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The cricket team unrecognisable, a very poor Olympics by their standards, in the eternal shadow of the All Blacks in Rugby Union and their football team struggling to qualify from one of the easiest groups around.

It's not a great time for Aussie sport.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Thanks Simster :)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Now Tim Cahill, their best player, has been bafflingly substituted to a chorus of boos.

Wheels falling off.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
1-0 Australia.

The sub has scored. He must be feeling proper smug after that.

Oct 25, 2003
i absolutely LOVE world cup qualifying...i love it when a team qualifies and i can tick off another name until we reach that magical 32....i love it when a 'big' nation messes up...i love it when a ridiculous 'smaller' nations makes a first appearance

I JUST BLOODY LOVE THE WORLD CUP

Oct 25, 2003
uzbekistan vs qatar
south korea vs iran

later on...qatar can't qualify, uzbekistan are 2 points behind iran, so if UZBEKISTAN beat qatar and south korea beat iran, then uzbekistan will be booking their flights

otherwise it's a play-off with either JORDAN or OMAN (who play each other) in a play-off, with the winner reaching ANOTHER play-off against the 5th placed team from south america
magical stuff

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
i absolutely LOVE world cup qualifying...i love it when a team qualifies and i can tick off another name until we reach that magical 32....i love it when a 'big' nation messes up...i love it when a ridiculous 'smaller' nations makes a first appearance

All sorts of this...

The theme music, Gary Lineker in a short sleeved shirt, the unexpeected shock, the sweepstake, the COLOUR, the Brazilian and Argentine FILTH in the stands, the press conferences, the time difference, watching England fall to pieces, I love it ALL

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

This.

ANOTHER play-off against the 5th placed team from south america
magical stuff
Looks most likely to be against Uruguay (but could be Chile, Venezuela or Peru):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_(CONMEBOL)#Standings

Uruguay do have a game in hand so could close on Chile for fourth, but three of their four remaining games are against the group's top three teams.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here