Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Manager waiting

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
Does anyone really believe we have someone lined up ready, with all that's dragging on I can't see it, don't think the club have thought this far ahead yet, as someone else said time is ticking.:down:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yes, I do.

Lined up and waiting to step in, when the legal coast is clear for him to do so.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Wow! What a novel thread.

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
Wish I could believe this, but I think not this is not going away anytime soon

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Does anyone really believe we have someone lined up ready, with all that's dragging on I can't see it, don't think the club have thought this far ahead yet, as someone else said time is ticking.:down:

I would imagine, as soon as TB realised that things were not going to get sorted such that GP stayed, that he would have started thinking about the new man, and presumably doing something about it. Pure speculation on my part, so I may get banned for that. It seems rather inconceivable that he has no plan.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Yes, I do.

Lined up and waiting to step in, when the legal coast is clear for him to do so.

Agree entirely. Gus is never coming back and that us the one certainty in all this. I wonder if impatience from the pending one may have led to yesterdays attempt to plough on?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Although it seems we can't, but can someone confirm whether a manager can be appointed whilst the Poyet saga continues.

Is it just the financial implications that make it unlikely or is it a legal one.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I certainly think so, I can only think the reason the club are happy to let this drag on for so long rather than pay Gus off is they already have his successor waiting for the nod.
If not than Barber and Bloom have been a little to relaxed in the whole sorry saga !

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
I would expect that a short list exists and that they will be contacted as soon as the Poyet situation allows.

Hopefully we would appoint a new manager within a week of this process.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Of course they have (opinion, obviously. I would be ASTOUNDED if they haven't). The moment it was known that Poyet was not going to be here the club would start contacting managers and agents and vice versa.

The fact there's been no leaks from other clubs about approaches etc would suggest an out of work manager is most likely.

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
Barber: Thank God we sorted out Poyet in the end eh?
Bloom: Yes, I was beginning to think that would never end.
Barber: I guess the new manager needs to start preparing for next season, eh?
Bloom: There's another season to play? Manager? Sh*t!!!!! Why didn't someone remind me about this??? We could've sorted this ages ago. Bloody Hell!! What now????

Yeah, the above is what has happened.

Aug 23, 2011
i would have thought they would have a short list in fact i wouldn't be surprised if all clubs no matter how their manager is doing have people looking for the next manager due to the temporary nature of football management, a Ferguson/Gradi is a rareity. However our job isn't so wonderful that they will just hang on for the chance of it and if they get other offers they probably won't turn them down

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Barber: Thank God we sorted out Poyet in the end eh?
Bloom: Yes, I was beginning to think that would never end.
Barber: I guess the new manager needs to start preparing for next season, eh?
Bloom: There's another season to play? Manager? Sh*t!!!!! Why didn't someone remind me about this??? We could've sorted this ages ago. Bloody Hell!! What now????

Yeah, the above is what has happened.

Added to that:

Bloom: I've got an idea. What's Joe Kinnear up to nowadays?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I think the reason why this has become a mess is because they have already got soemone coming in, promises have been made and its now all being held up. Its just so obvious this has been planned all along. Id love to know from when though.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London

There is no way on earth that the board have not considered the impact of Gus leaving the club. Do you really think they will say ok Gus is left now lets see who is out there. I would bet you my last £ that they have a shortlist of 5-6 managers who are interested in replacing Gus as and when & IF this happens. Just like they would have drawn up a short list of players they would have already spoken to a number of managers about the opportunity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here