Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sad Times Indeed

el punal

For three years our wonderful, proud club was seen as a beacon for all struggling clubs on how to succeed against all the odds :

With our fighting spirit and tenacity in surviving at Gillingham and Withdean for so many years.

With our multi-award winning stadium as our just reward for never giving in.

With the incredible support that the club gets from its fans - 23,000 season tickets.

With our smooth, skilful football played since our League One days.

With our welcome attitude to the community and visiting fans.

And the list goes on, we are seen as a template by other clubs on how a football cub should be run . . . . .

And now look at us, one massive internal implosion of monumental proportions that's going to take a long time to recover from.

So put aside the accusations, the recriminations, the speculation, the gossip and what is left is sadness that has not left me since that fateful day of Monday 13th May.

Please get well soon Brighton and Hove Albion.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Yep, see you for the match v Newport! (count ourselves lucky its not a league fixture, thats how it feels at the moment)

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
And now look at us, one massive internal implosion of monumental proportions that's going to take a long time to recover from.

Come on, no one was ever charged with that. It could have been someone from Palace. As Spinal Tap once said: "you can't dust for fecal matter" (well it was something like that...)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The albion will rise again, and soon.

Just need to conclude current issues quickly now.

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
Looking forward to going down this season.
Reduced season ticket prices.
Smaller queues at the bars, stations and bus stops.
Three or four seats to yourself.
Colchester away.

:fishing:

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
This will just be a blip. Win a few games next season and all will be good again.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
All be done and dusted in a few weeks with a new FLAIR manager installed, pre-season will start, we will beat Norwich at home, sign a new star player and it will be business as usual.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
It is farcical. For years I have laughed at what I deem to be 'joke clubs'. Newcastle, Chelsea, QPR, Leeds, Portsmouth - they've all had their turn in the spotlight. I never thought it would be us, but now it is. We are the joke of English football this summer.

We arent a joke club - the club are doing this by the book.

We currently have a joke "manager".

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013
For three years our wonderful, proud club was seen as a beacon for all struggling clubs on how to succeed against all the odds

Don't mean this to be rude, but I'm not sure getting a rich sugar daddy is really seen by other clubs as much of a beacon on how to survive against the odds. As bizarre a comment as me trying to claim other clubs look at us and admire us for our administrations.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

Don't mean this to be rude, but I'm not sure getting a rich sugar daddy is really seen by other clubs as much of a beacon on how to survive against the odds. As bizarre a comment as me trying to claim other clubs look at us and admire us for our administrations.

He's clearly referring to the period up to TB taking over as chairman. Since then we've been fortunate, no doubt, but you can also use it as an example of how if you fight hard enough you get the just rewards at the end. Anyway it was fun while it lasted, now we've got a corporate CEO who is empire-building within the club and I or one don't like it. But most of our fans seem to be embracing it. Hola Barber!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
FWIW i agree with you. There is something i don't like about us being run like a 'proper' football club. I would prefer us to try something a little different perhaps somethin that reflects our past and acknowledges what the fans did for this football club.

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
He's clearly referring to the period up to TB taking over as chairman. Since then we've been fortunate, no doubt, but you can also use it as an example of how if you fight hard enough you get the just rewards at the end. Anyway it was fun while it lasted, now we've got a corporate CEO who is empire-building nwithin the club and I or one don't like it. But most of our fans seem to be embracing it. Hola Barber!

I totally agree with you. We very obviously need a sound ceo to run the club well and to get us and keep us secure financially but I just find Paul barber odious and more and more poisonous by the day.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
And the list goes on, we are seen as a template by other clubs on how a football cub should be run . . . . .

Which had nothing to do with Poyet and everything to do with Bloom.

So nothing will change there.

No it won't. No one person is bigger than the club itself.

Managers come and go and whoever takes over from Poyet will do so with the support of one of the more astute owners in English football.

The club is alive and well and the Poyet goings on are nothing but a pimple on the clubs arse going forward.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here