Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Writing off my expected promotion to the Premier League next season

1066gull

Being realistic, its imperative we stay up. We do not want to be a League One side like Coventry with a 28,000 stadium.

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
I don't think we will be promoted next year. We need a 'workaholic' manager working NOW to get the side and the squad set up for the season. This whole affair will unsettle the entire club. We won't go down but mid table is us next year I feel!

D

Deleted member 18477

I wrote us off as soon as palace beat us and poyet threw his toys out the pram post match.

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
You lot need to stop pre guessing what the outcome of this season is going to be!
The championship is so unpredictable that even if all was well, who's to say we would have been as successful as last season??

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
6.5 weeks left before season start to sign a decent left back.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Being realistic, its imperative we stay up. We do not want to be a League One side like Coventry with a 28,000 stadium.

Bit dramatic,don't you think?
Albion will present a magnificent opportunity for the next manager and I have every faith that the club will go from strength to strength.
Hopefully without the distractions that we have had lately.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
By next week this could be sorted ( bar potential ongoing legal wrangles re compensation ), and we could have signed an ace left back.

Look at the last season review video montage on player, and find hope.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Football is football, it is often chaotic and anything can happen - look at Palace getting promoted last season and Wolves getting relegated, neither would have happened if the game was in any way orderly!

Things at the Albion are merely uncertain at the moment, you'll feel different once the season has started, you've had your pie and pint, and you're sat in your seat waiting for kick-off against Newport County.

:)

D

Deleted member 22389

I wrote us off as soon as palace beat us and poyet threw his toys out the pram post match.

I agree. We are certainly not relegation fodder thankfully, but next season is going to be a lot tougher.
I have my feelings that negative attitude from senior people before the match filtered down to our players, because it was a shocking performance. Not the same Brighton I had seen in previous matches. I felt completely deflated after that match, not angry or upset. It was a weird evening all round. It finally got to me after Palace beat Watford. It was then when it actually occurred to me what could have been, and the money this club might have lost. I felt completely p*ss*d off all round.

I don't know what went on, but the whole things smacks of throwing in the towel because certain people didn't get what they want. That's not fair on the club, the supporters. After everything the club had been through in the years before and the opportunity and support giving to certain individuals.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here