Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Protest march

tonyascough

Jun 19, 2008
All who can, should join the protest march from Regents Park to the offices of the Premier League this Wednesday. Meeting at 1pm and marching to the offices of the aforementioned to arrive at 2pm.

The protest has been organised by Liverpool fans and is in protest of the high price of watching football - BE THERE!:mad:

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
All who can, should join the protest march from Regents Park to the offices of the Premier League this Wednesday. Meeting at 1pm and marching to the offices of the aforementioned to arrive at 2pm.

The protest has been organised by Liverpool fans and is in protest of the high price of watching football - BE THERE!:mad:

Introduce safe standing to all grounds in the league

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
sounds like a nice jolly. will there be a EDL rally to follow?

seriously, what possible impact is a march to the Premier League offices going to do about prices at Anfield or the other clubs? they dont set pricing policy and have no power over clubs.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
I have been away on annual leave and have just seen this. I can't make it this Wednesday as a mate can't give me a lift. I can make it on Friday though if they can rearrange please.x

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Bit OTT isn't it? The board asked Gus to attend but he didn't turn up.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
The price is only so high because people are prepared to pay it. If you really want to protest about the price of football, stay away until it comes down!

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Well maybe if the likes of Liverpool hadn't inflated the amounts of money spent on players and their wages when they drove for the formation of the PL this situation might not be prevalent as it is today.

Clubs need to recoup $$ fby putting ticket prices up high.

You reap what you sow.

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
sounds like a nice jolly. will there be a EDL rally to follow?

seriously, what possible impact is a march to the Premier League offices going to do about prices at Anfield or the other clubs? they dont set pricing policy and have no power over clubs.

Not enough power but we marched on the F.A. and organised fan protests bought about the rise of Dick Knight.

Football clubs need to start listening to the fans who go to the game,fans who have endured a 770% rise in season ticket prices whilst Sky revenues have rocketed.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Not enough power but we marched on the F.A. and organised fan protests bought about the rise of Dick Knight.

Football clubs need to start listening to the fans who go to the game,fans who have endured a 770% rise in season ticket prices whilst Sky revenues have rocketed.

They keep rising as people are carrying on paying the prices - simple. A "protest" wont change anything.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)

NO!! I have a job to attend so I can pay for my food and my mortgage etc..............Post numbers 2 / 8 / 12 sum it all up as far as my thoughts are concerned regarding this matter.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ

Bit far for me to come I'm afraid. Will a letter from my mum be enough to excuse me?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
OK, Sorry. :(

If I jump on the next flight I can make it to Heathrow by 11:15 Wednesday. This could be doable. Thanks Tony for setting me straight and not trying to worm my way out of such an important and life changing march.

Now that's a far better attitude! :thumbsup: sadly I cant make it as I live in Wales and I wont be able to get a Visa in time to visit London :(

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
The price is only so high because people are prepared to pay it. If you really want to protest about the price of football, stay away until it comes down!

Summed up nicely. A stay away protest is the best way to protest about ticket prices.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here