Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet to Newcastle

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Mentioned on 2 separate shows this morning.

Pardew will leave following Kinnears appointment with Poyet going in as first team manager/coach.

Not sure if they have put Poyets name forward following Poyets comments on last nights Match of the Day about his situation being sorted this week.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Too big a job for Uncle Gus. Fans will expect a lot. Gus won't deliver. It'll all end in tears.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
If Poyet, as reported, "has endured a fractious relationship with chief executive Paul Barber over the last 12 months", then good luck working with Joe Kinnear as your Director of Football and with him having "final say" over transfers. I mean it; good luck.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Yeah I can really see that one happening. Somebody above Poyet at the club telling him which players he will have?

Good grief.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Probably because he once turned down a move to Newcastle when he was Ramos' assistant at Spurs. Tony Jimenez, then an advisor to Mike Ashley, was a friend of Poyet's at Chelsea. And of course his old mate Dennis Wise was such a success at St James' park ...

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Too big a job for Uncle Gus. Fans will expect a lot. Gus won't deliver. It'll all end in tears.

Too big a job for Gus when Alan Pardew has the manager for the last 3 years? It's ok that you don't want Gus here anymore, but now you are just being petty.

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
I thought this ages ago - he's had personally ties with Dennis Wise for years and he's part of the Cockney mob that rule St James' - I could well see Mike Ashley thinking we get a lot of cheap players in from Europe and south america, why not bring in a manager who might be better suited than Pardew to manage these players and their variety of egos - something happened last year with communication between the French players and Pardew, their Argentinians were also unsettled, who better than a South American manager to come in to help sort that - this could well happen and in fairness, the Geordies are easily one of the top 8 clubs in England to manage and a huge step up.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Would this explain shearer's knowing smile last night?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371469151.682283.jpg

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I have always thought if I were a chairman of a Club with money to spend I would break the bank to get Gus. He is basically honest, plays a great style of football, high profile players want to play for him, he increases the exposure of the Club, happy supporters. I don't know whether anything will come out in the next few days to change that - but Ashley must give him consideration.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
It would be good for Gus to be there with Kinnear, who's also made the transition from Brighton to the north east. :)

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
If the Geordies tin Pardew, it'll be some payout. He signed a six year contract last year.

From what I recall if he gets fired he only gets a one year pay out. The contract itself was more for show, more just like a rolling one year contract that gets renewed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here